Buffalo Chicken Wings – a simple and delicious recipe for your classic buffalo chicken wings! Made with cleaner ingredients (although you could never tell!)
Easy Buffalo Chicken Wings Recipe
My favorite game-day appetizer!
One of my all-time favorite recipes and one of my go-to’s when I just don’t know what to make. I particularly love making these on Friday night when I don’t feel like cooking :). You literally just pop them on a baking sheet (I use a wire rack to lift them off the baking sheet), sprinkle some salt and pepper on them and let them cook. Toss them in buffalo sauce (or really any sauce you want at that point) and dinner is ready. If you love buffalo sauce as much as me definitely try these Buffalo Chicken Meatballs, this Buffalo Chicken Wrap and these Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers!
I like to serve them with my homemade ranch dressing, but feel free to use what you like!
Are Buffalo Wings Healthy
Yes! This buffalo chicken wing recipe is full of REAL ingredients, nothing weird and no preservatives. It is Whole30 compliant and Paleo as well as gluten-free and dairy-free! It’s amazing what you can put together with using real, simple ingredients – isn’t it!
Are these Buffalo Wings Spicy
They are about a mild/medium spice level! If you check out the homemade buffalo sauce recipe that goes with this, you will see that you can easily increase the spice level by adding some cayenne pepper!
What to Serve with Buffalo Wings
They are classically served with celery sticks – which makes sense, right? The celery gives your mouth a break of the spicy buffalo sauce and it’s nice to have a little crunch. Plus, celery is also good with ranch, which is also a classic sauce to serve with buffalo wings!
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Wings
First, place your chicken wings on a foil-lined baking sheet with an oven-safe wire rack on top. Spray the wire rack with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Bake at 400 for about 40 minutes.
The take your buffalo sauce and toss the wings in it.
Serve with homemade ranch and celery.
Other recipes you might like:
- Ginger Sesame Baked Wings
- Classic Paleo Chili
- How to Grill the Perfect Steak
- Buffalo Chicken Wraps
- Ultimate Buffalo Chicken Salad
Don’t forget to check out my Instagram account – Or give me a follow on Facebook or see what I am pinning on Pinterest!Print
Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 3–4 servings 1x
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Buffalo Chicken Wings – a simple and delicious buffalo wing recipe that is always a hit!! Whole30 + Paleo!
- homemade buffalo sauce (or store bought)
- 2 lb chicken, wings and drumettes
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Take a baking sheet and line with foil then place an oven safe wire rack on top and spray with olive oil.
- Place chicken on a large tray and pat dry with paper towel (the more dry the wings are the more crispy they will become).
- Place chicken on wire rack, trying not to have them touch.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper (I used around 1/2 tablespoon of each)
- Cook for 40 minutes, or until fully cooked (you can flip halfway through if you want, but it is not required).
- Remove and let cool slightly.
- Toss in as much sauce as you desire. Approximately 1/2 cup will be sufficient.
- Allow chicken to sit in the sauce for a while, tossing once or twice. This will help the sauce to really coat the chicken.
- Serve with homemade dairy free ranch, homemade blue cheese and celery.
- If you don’t feel like making your own buffalo sauce you can sub something like Tessemae’s or The New Primal (both of which are Whole30/Paleo).
- You do not need to flip the chicken halfway (you definitely can if you want) because it is sitting up on a wire rack and heat is able to get underneath the chicken.
- If you don’t have a wire rack, you can place the chicken directly on the foil, but then you will need to flip halfway through and the chicken won’t turn out quite as crispy.
- I have also made this a couple times where I brush on some buffalo sauce before cooking so some of the sauce cooks into the chicken. That works well too!
Keywords: buffalo chicken wings, homemade buffalo wings
Just made these again tonight and they’re so delicious and easy! They make an easy Sunday meal that I usually serve with whatever CSA veggies I have on hand!
Glad you enjoyed them, Meagan!
This is such a delicious and easy recipe. We made it for super bowl the last two years. I usually just buy a whole30 compliant Buffalo sauce to take the easy route.
So happy to hear that, Anna! And thank you so much for taking the time to leave your review + feedback – I really appreciate it!