Easily mix-up some delicious Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing right in your own kitchen in less than 5 minutes and using only 10 real ingredients. Great for topping your favorite salad or use as an amazing dip!
A Rich & Creamy Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing
If you haven’t tried making your own homemade dressing yet, we highly recommend you give it a try! You probably already have the ingredients you need in your kitchen and you can mix it up in minutes. This blue cheese dressing has a great salty, tangy flavor mixed with the creaminess of mayo and sour cream to make it the perfect dressing for salads, great for topping a Buffalo Chicken Wrap, or use it for dipping a delicious batch of Buffalo Chicken Wings!
What You Will Need
- mayo – blend up some homemade mayo or we also love Primal Kitchen’s Mayo!
- sour cream – to keep this dressing a bit lighter you could use a Dairy Free Sour Cream.
- blue cheese crumbles – an obvious must when making a blue cheese dressing.
- onion powder, garlic powder, kosher salt, & pepper – a delicious combo of spices to bring a lot of great flavor to this dressing.
- worcestershire sauce – just a dash for some more great flavor.
- rice vinegar or white wine vinegar – use what you have on hand to add a little vinegar tang!
- milk or almond milk – this can help you thin out your dressing, so use as much or little as you like.
How To Serve Blue Cheese Dressing
We love serving this dressing with our Ultimate Buffalo Chicken Salad or our Crispy Buffalo Chicken Salad. The tanginess of the blue cheese dressing with the slight spiciness of buffalo chicken is a match made in heaven. And the best thing about this dressing is that it can double as a dip! Perfect for dipping Buffalo Chicken Wings or Buffalo Chicken Meatballs.
This homemade dressing can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. We love using a mason jar for this!
How To Make Blue Cheese Dressing
First, gather all of your ingredients.
Place all of the ingredients in a bowl or mason jar.
Mix until fully combined.
Store in the fridge or use any way you want.
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing – a delicious, easy homemade blue cheese dressing recipe that is perfect as a dip or on a salad!
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon worcestershire
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1–2 tablespoons milk or almond milk to thin (more if needed)
- Combine ingredients in a wide-mouth mason jar (a bowl will work too).
- Stir to combine.
- If you want it thinner add milk one tablespoon at a time and mix – repeat until you have reached your desired consistency.
- Taste and add additional seasoning, as-needed.
- Storage: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Dairy-Light: if you want to make this a little lighter you can use a dairy-free sour cream in place of regular sour cream.
Keywords: homemade blue cheese dressing