Cast Iron Flank Steak – a simple and delicious cast iron flank steak recipe + marinade that is perfect salads, fajitas and rice bowls!
Flank Steak Marinade:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- pinch of salt
- pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pound flank steak
- 1 batch chimichurri sauce for serving
- Combine Flank Steak Marinade ingredients in a small bowl; whisk to combine.
- Pat flank steak dry with a clean paper towel. Season with some salt and pepper – press into the meat.
- Place steak in a reusable silicone bag or glass container. Pour marinade over top and ensure the steak is fully coated. Let marinate at least 30 minutes.
- Bring a large cast iron skillet to medium-high heat. Add a oil, swirl to coat the pan.
- Remove flank steak from marinade letting excess marinade drip off the steak; discard marinade. Place steak in the pan and sear 4-5 minutes per side and then 1-2 minutes per side until the internal temperature towards the thickest part of the steak reaches 130-135 degrees F. for a medium-rare finish (use an internal meat thermometer for accuracy) – during the cooking process turn down the heat, as-needed, if your skillet really gets hot and/or add a little extra oil if the pan is dry – to avoid burning.
- Remove from skillet and place on a cutting board to rest 10 minutes.
- Slice against the grain and serve – we love serving it with this Homemade Chimichurri Sauce or in these Steak Fajita Bowls.
Keywords: flank steak cast iron