This simple and flavorful Steak Fajita Marinade is full of so many great flavors from the olive oil, lime juice, garlic, soy sauce, and fresh cilantro! Perfect for making the best Steak Fajitas or Steak Fajita Bowls!
The BEST Steak Fajita Marinade
Everything is always better with a marinade and fajitas are no exception! This homemade marinade recipe is the best way to add so much great flavor to any of your favorite fajita recipes. It can be made in under 10 minutes and is made with real, simple ingredients to really amplify all the delicious flavors in the steak and vegetables. Trust us, it’s a must!
What You Will Need
- extra virgin olive oil – a classic base ingredient for any homemade marinade!
- lime zest & lime juice – the little bit of acidity brings out all the great flavors and lime is an essential flavor when making any Mexican-inspired recipe.
- chili powder, ground cumin, & kosher salt – perfect combination of spices that are full of so much flavor!
- garlic – everything is better with a little garlic.
- soy sauce – you might not think to add this for a fajita marinade, but we are here to tell you that it is essential for some added salty flavor.
- fresh cilantro – a classic fresh herb that is always good!
How To Make Steak Fajita Marinade
First, you can begin by gathering all of your ingredients.
Then place them all in a small bowl.
Grab a small whisk and mix all the ingredients together.
Pro tip: you could also place all of the marinade ingredients in a clean glass jar, secure the lid, and give it a good shake.
Now pour the marinade over your cut of steak in a shallow baking dish or large ziplock bag (or reusable silicone bag). Let it marinate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
Can You Marinate Fajitas Too Long
It takes a while, but yes, you could marinate steak for too long. We recommend letting the steak marinate for at least 30 minutes or, for best results, overnight in the fridge. After about 48 hours the marinade will start to breakdown the meat fibers.
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Steak Fajita Marinade – a delicious chili lime steak fajita marinade recipe that is perfect for your favorite steak fajita recipe!
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice (approx. 2 limes)
- zest of 2 limes
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1–2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Add ingredients to a small mixing bowl.
- Whisk until well combined.
- Place steak in a reusable silicone bag or glass container.
- Pour the marinade over the steak, ensuring it is fully coated.
- Seal and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or more.
- Cook your steak however you want!
- Spice it up: feel free to add a little crushed red pepper if you want!
Keywords: steak fajita marinade