How to Caramelize Onions – an easy, step-by-step tutorial that teaches you how to make caramelized onions! So good!
- 3–4 sweet yellow onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Bring large cast iron skillet to medium-high heat. Add olive oil and move it around so that the entire pan is thinly coated.
- Add onions and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Move onions around the pan and bring heat down to medium once onions start to cook down.
- Continue cooking onions 15-30 minutes, turning heat down as necessary, until they start to turn golden brown.
- Once onions are golden brown move off of the heat and use however you like.
Keywords: how to caramelize onions