Buffalo Chicken Meatballs – a spin on your classic appetizer or a fun and different weeknight dinner! These Buffalo Chicken Meatballs are perfect for meal-prep and work lunches!
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- oil (to help with forming meatballs)
- 1 batch of homemade buffalo sauce (or approx. 1 cup store bought buffalo sauce)
- Combine: Combine ground chicken, egg, almond flour, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and black pepper in a medium mixing bowl.
- Scoop: Use a cookie dough scoop to scoop out approx. 1 1/2 tablespoons of meatball mixture, forming a ball, and place on a large plate. Continue until all of the meatball mixture is used. (See Notes)
- Skillet: Take large/medium cast iron skillet and bring to medium-high heat. Add a tablespoon of oil and use a spatula to spread evenly to coat the pan. Add chicken meatballs and sear on all sides, about 3 minutes.
- Cover: Turn down heat to medium and then add approximately 1/3 cup of buffalo sauce – then cover the pan immediately as it will splatter.
- Simmer: Allow meatballs to cook in the buffalo sauce, adding more as needed, about 10-15 minutes or until fully cooked (165 internal temperature – I recommend using a meat thermometer). Toss meatballs occasionally so the buffalo sauce really cooks into them.
- Bowl: Place cooked chicken meatballs and sauce into a large serving bowl and pour additional buffalo sauce on top, as desired. Toss.
- Serve: Serve with ranch and celery sticks.
- Ground Chicken: Ground chicken can be very sticky so it helps to have a little bowl of oil next to you when you are making the chicken meatballs. Get a little oil on your fingers and then rub on the inside of the cookie dough scoop before scooping up the meatball mixture. The place directly onto the plate and just reform as necessary.
- Homemade Ranch Dressing: this homemade ranch dressing is SO GOOD! Highly recommend!
- Store Bought Buffalo Sauce: You can easily use store-bought buffalo sauce instead of homemade! I like this kind and this kind -both are Whole30/Paleo.
- Store Bought Ranch: You can also use store-bought ranch for dipping – I like this kind and this kind!
- Can I Bake the Meatballs: YES! Just bake the meatballs on a parchment-lined baking sheet at 375 for about 18-22 minutes (or until internal temp is 165). Then toss them in the sauce. I personally prefer the stove-top version, but if you are more of an oven-baked chicken meatball person I totally get it!
- Almond Flour Substitutes: If you are wanting these Whole30/Paleo but can’t do the almond flour I would suggest a cassava flour or something similar. If you aren’t concerned with Whole30/Paleo you can simply use breadcrumbs in place of the almond flour!
Keywords: Buffalo Chicken Meatballs