Buffalo Chicken Meatballs – a spin on your classic appetizer or a fun and different weeknight dinner! These Buffalo Chicken Meatballs are perfect for meal-prep and work lunches! (Whole30/Paleo/Gluten-Free/Dairy-Free)
The perfect appetizer (or dinner)! So easy and so good!
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
I am such a huge fan of all things buffalo, you guys. I swear I could eat buffalo chicken wings every other day – I just don’t get sick of them and they always hit the spot! But, I thought I would mix things up today and do a fun spin on this classic dish! Enter: Buffalo Chicken Meatballs. And they are SO good! I cannot wait for you to try them!
Can I Make these in the Slow Cooker
Yes! You could totally make these in the slow cooker! To do this I would make the meatball mix and roll them into balls, as directed, and then I would sear them on the stove top or bake them in the oven on a parchment-lined baking sheet at 375 for about 25 minutes. Then place them in the slow cooker along with your sauce and cook on LOW for 2 hours. Expect some separation when it comes to the sauce, but you should be able to stir to recombine.
What to Serve with Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
Celery is a great side to buffalo chicken meatballs! It gives you a nice break from the spiciness of the meatballs as well as nice crunch! You could also do raw broccoli or even cauliflower!
Other recipes you might like:
Thank you so much for reading & supporting The Wooden Skillet! This post includes affiliate links for products I actually use in my own home and personally recommend. Should you make a purchase using one of these links, The Wooden Skillet will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you, which helps me continue to bring you great original content. Thank you!Print
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs – a spin on your classic appetizer or a fun and different weeknight dinner! These Buffalo Chicken Meatballs are perfect for meal-prep and work lunches! Whole30/Paleo/Gluten-Free/Dairy-Free
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- oil (to help with forming meatballs)
- 1 batch of homemade buffalo sauce
- Combine ground chicken, egg, almond flour, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and black pepper in a medium mixing bowl.
- Use a cookie dough scoop to scoop out approx. 1 1/2 tablespoons of meatball mixture, forming a ball, and place on a large plate. Continue until all of the meatball mixture is used. (See Notes)
- Take large/medium cast iron skillet and bring to medium-high heat. Add a tablespoon of oil and use a spatula to spread evenly to coat the pan. Add chicken meatballs and sear on all sides, about 3 minutes.
- Turn down heat to medium and then add approximately 1/3 cup of buffalo sauce – then cover the pan immediately as it will splatter.
- Allow meatballs to cook in the buffalo sauce, adding more as needed, about 10-15 minutes or until fully cooked (165 internal temperature – I recommend using a meat thermometer). Toss meatballs occasionally so the buffalo sauce really cooks into them.
- Place cooked chicken meatballs and sauce into a large serving bowl and pour additional buffalo sauce on top, as desired. Toss.
- Serve with ranch and celery sticks.
- Ground chicken can be very sticky so it helps to have a little bowl of oil next to you when you are making the chicken meatballs. Get a little oil on your fingers and then rub on the inside of the cookie dough scoop before scooping up the meatball mixture. The place directly onto the plate and just reform as necessary.
- You can easily use store-bought buffalo sauce instead of homemade! I like this kind and this kind -both are Whole30/Paleo.
- You can also use store-bought ranch for dipping – I like this kind and this kind!
Keywords: Buffalo Chicken Meatballs