Cilantro Lime Shrimp – an incredibly quick and easy weeknight dinner that is packed with flavor! Make on the grill or stove top!
- Combine oil, lime juice, kosher salt and cilantro in bowl; mix well.
- Add shrimp and toss to coat.
- Let marinate for at least 30 minutes, tossing every so often.
- Heat grill to medium high heat (about 400-450).
- Place shrimp/prawns over direct heat for 2 minutes per side.
Stove Top Method:
- Add a tablespoon of oil (or ghee) to large cast iron pan (enough to coat) and bring skillet to medium high heat.
- Add shrimp/prawns to pan and cook about 2 minutes per side, or until fully cooked.
- Squeeze additional fresh lime juice over shrimp as soon as it is done cooking (on the grill do this when you remove the prawns from the grill and have plated them. If you are cooking in the skillet, you can do this while they are still in the skillet if you would like).
- Serve over cilantro lime cauliflower rice and grilled avocado.
- Kosher Salt: do not substitute regular table salt for kosher salt – it will be too salty!
- Rice: If you prefer serving over rice here is a great tutorial on making brown rice in the Instant Pot otherwise this Cilantro Lime Rice is good too!
- Storage: Store cooked shrimp in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Keywords: cilantro lime shrimp, grilled shrimp, grilled prawns