Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice – the perfect addition to any meal!!! (Whole30/Paleo/Gluten-Free)
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Whole30/Paleo: I love that this is a nice Whole30/Paleo option to add to nearly any recipe. The ingredients are simple and Whole30 compatible.
- Flavor Boost: While I love regular cauliflower rice, this takes it to the next level! This is packed with that wonderful combo of cilantro and lime – such a great addition to whatever is on your menu!
How long does this Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice last?
If you don’t use it right away, store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days day!
Best way to make cauliflower rice
So I am a little partial and think the best way to make cauliflower rice is to actually grate it myself (I explain more about this here). For me this just results in a more rice-like texture.
Can you buy cauliflower rice
Yes, you can definitely buy cauliflower rice! Most grocery stores now carry cauliflower rice or “riced cauliflower” – it also comes frozen! Just check with your store!
Step One: Remove leaves from your cauliflower and cut into small chunks.
Step Two: You can either grate into “rice”….
Or you can pulse in the food processor.
Step Three: Add to a hot cast iron skillet.
Step Four: Add in your cilantro and lime.
Step Six: Use in your favorite recipe!
Other cauliflower rice recipes you might like:
- Grass-fed Curried Meatballs + Cauliflower Rice
- Whole30 Sushi + Cauliflower Rice
- Jerk Chicken Cauliflower Rice Bowls
A quick and easy cilantro cauliflower rice recipe that tastes just like “regular” cilantro lime rice!! Whole30/Paleo/Gluten-Free
- 2 Teaspoons olive oil (or avocado oil)
- 3 1/2 cups cauliflower rice (I prefer to grate my own, but use your favorite kind)
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- pinch of salt
- juice of 1 lime
- Bring large cast iron skillet to medium high heat.
- Add 2 teaspoons of oil to pan and then add cauliflower rice.
- Move rice around for 2 minutes, allowing it to cook slightly.*
- Add cilantro and pinch of salt and stir to combine.
- Add lime juice; stir to combine and then remove from heat.
- Serve immediately or let cool and then store in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
*I prefer to grate my own cauliflower rice because the texture is more rice-like. But when you do this, it tends to be wetter than store-bought so you do not need to add much oil to the pan in step 1. If you use store-bought and feel you need to use more oil, feel free.
Keywords: cilantro lime cauliflower rice