Grilled Avocado – an easy step-by-step tutorial on how to grill avocado – perfect addition to any rice bow, salad or taco!
Easy Grilled Avocado Recipe
This grilled avocado is the perfect addition to any meal!! Did you guys know you can grill avocado?!? And it is the quickest and easiest thing you can ever imagine and the taste is so good. So excited to share this recipe with you! We love using it in this Blackened Shrimp Salad, on these Steak Tacos or in this Avocado + Brown Rice Bowl!
Grilled Avocado Ingredients
- 1 ripe avocado: you can cut these in half or into slices (remove the pit) – leave the peel on during grilling.
- olive oil or avocado oil: a little oil is brushed on the sliced avocado.
- kosher salt: just a pinch for a little added flavor. You can add ground black pepper if you want!
- put some oil and salt on it
- grill it on high (meat side down) for just a couple minutes.
- once you have that nice char, it will add so much flavor to your meal!!
How else can I cook avocado
YES!! You can grill avocado (recipe below), you can bake avocado and you can deep fry avocado …. so many different ways to eat this delicious food! What is your favorite way to eat avocados?
How to Serve Grilled Avocado
- serve as-is with some olive oil, salt, pepper – maybe some red pepper flakes!
- avocado toast
- stuffed avocado – feel free to stuff with whatever you want! Options include a tuna salad or a plant-based taco situation with sour cream, black beans, cilantro and pico de gallo/salsa – want some heat … add in some chili powder and jalapeño!
- make some guacamole!
How to Cook Grilled Avocado
Okay so how do you actually do this? Simple:
Cut your avocado in half (or slice) and remove the pit.
Brush avocado oil or olive oil on top of the meat.
Sprinkle with salt.
Ready for the grill!
Ensure those grill grates are clean and turn the grill all the way up. Grill flesh side down for 2-4 minutes – you are looking for some nice grill marks.
Remove and serve.
Other Recipes You Might Like:
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!Print
Easy Grilled Avocado – learn how to grill avocado with this simple step-by-step recipe! Perfect for salads, tacos and rice bowls!
- 2 avocados, cut in half lengthwise (remove pit)
- 1 tablespoon avocado or olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- Heat grill to 450-500 degrees F. (high heat).
- Brush avocado with oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Place avocado halves cut side down directly over flame (direct heat) and let cook for 3 minutes, or until slightly charred.
- Serve immediately.
- Char Marks: If you want really nice char marks, cook over direct heat for 2-3 minutes and then carefully rotate each avocado 90 degrees and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Storage: I would recommend using grilled avocado right away.
Keywords: grilled avocado, how to grill avocado
Originally posted June 17, 2019.