Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe – the perfect side dish or the foundation for the most amazing burrito bowl!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Flavor: There is plenty of fresh lime and cilantro flavor here!
- Make Ahead: Make ahead and store in the fridge – then easily throw together a chicken or beef burrito bowl!
- Easy: With just a few ingredients and only a short time needed to cook rice – this recipe is done in no time!
White Rice vs. Brown Rice
Traditionally, cilantro lime rice is regularly made with white rice, but if you want to make it with brown rice go right for it! I love this recipe for IP Brown Jasmine Rice!
What Goes with Cilantro Lime Rice
How to Make Cilantro Lime Rice
Step One: Make your rice according to package instructions. Fluff with fork.
Step Two: Add the remaining ingredients.
Including that fresh lime juice.
Step Three: Stir to combine.
Other rice recipes you might like:
- Cilantro Fried Rice
- Braised Bok Choy + Leek Rice Bowl + Poached Egg
- Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken
- Burger Bowl
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!Print
Cilantro Lime Rice – The perfect side dish or the foundation for the most amazing burrito bowl!
- 2 cups white, long grain rice (cooked)
- zest of 1 lime
- 3–4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup cilantro (tightly packed, chopped) (additional for garnish if you desire)
- Cook your rice according to the package instructions (you ultimately want 2 cups cooked rice).
- Remove from heat and add salt, cilantro, lime zest and lime juice.
- Fluff and mix well.
- Taste and add any additional salt, lime juice and/or cilantro, as desired.
- Amount of cooked rice: you ultimately want 2 cups cooked rice so look at your package instructions to determine how many cups of raw rice you need – the package I used called for 2 cups water and 1 cup rice for 2 cups cooked)
Keywords: cilantro lime rice