This super easy Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe is the perfect side dish to go with any of your favorite Mexican-inspired recipes. Or use it as the foundation for the most amazing burrito bowl! Either way you will be blown away by the light & refreshing flavors!
The Best Cilantro Lime Rice
We have been enjoying Chipotle’s cilantro lime rice since college and now that we enjoy making our own burrito bowls at home, we knew we needed to make a Chipotle copycat recipe! This quick and easy cilantro lime rice recipe is packed with all the same great flavors and will go great with anything. Any time we are making a Mexican-inspired recipe, we always make this to go with it. Or we change it up with some Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice, either way you won’t regret it!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Flavor: There is plenty of fresh lime and cilantro flavor here!
- Make Ahead: Make ahead and store in the fridge – then easily throw together a chicken or beef burrito bowl!
- Easy: With just a few ingredients and only a short time needed to cook rice – this recipe is done in no time!
What You Will Need
- cooked rice – just grab any of your favorite varieties of white rice or brown rice from your local grocery store.
- lime zest & lime juice – two of the primary ingredients that bring a ton of refreshing lime flavor!
- kosher salt – just a little bit for some added seasoning.
- fresh cilantro – as far as we are concerned, everything is better with some fresh cilantro! Add as much or as little as you want.
How To Make Cilantro Lime Rice
Pick out your favorite type of rice and cook it according to the package instructions. After it finishes cooking, fluff with a fork.
White Rice vs. Brown Rice
Traditionally, cilantro lime rice is made with white rice, but if you want to make it with brown rice go right for it! Either one will be delicious. We typically make ours on the stovetop but you can also easily make rice in the Instant Pot! This recipe will work no matter how you cook your rice.
Place the fully cooked rice in a medium bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Mix to fully combine.
Including that fresh lime juice!
Stir to combine and adjust any ingredients to your preferred taste.
What Goes With Cilantro Lime Rice
The options are endless! We love using it as a base in our classic burrito bowls, fish taco bowls, or steak fajita bowls. It would also be an easy side dish to serve with salsa verde chicken, ahi tuna tacos, or chicken enchiladas! We would love to hear your favorite way to enjoy this perfect side dish.
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Cilantro Lime Rice – a perfect side dish or foundation for the most amazing burrito bowl!
- 2 cups white, long grain rice (cooked)
- zest of 1 lime
- 3–4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup cilantro (tightly packed, chopped) (additional for garnish if you desire)
- Cook your rice according to the package instructions (you ultimately want 2 cups cooked rice).
- Remove from heat and add salt, cilantro, lime zest and lime juice.
- Fluff and mix well.
- Taste and add any additional salt, lime juice and/or cilantro, as desired.
- Amount of cooked rice: you ultimately want 2 cups cooked rice so look at your package instructions to determine how many cups of raw rice you need – the package I used called for 2 cups water and 1 cup rice for 2 cups cooked)
- Storage: place in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 232
- Sugar: 0.4 g
- Sodium: 157.5 mg
- Fat: 0.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 49 g
- Protein: 6.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: cilantro lime rice