Homemade Cilantro Lime Rice is the perfect side dish or the foundation for the most amazing burrito bowl!
Who doesn’t love cilantro-lime rice. Anyone. You shouldn’t be raising your hand because EVERYONE loves a good cilantro-lime rice! It is just a fact of life. That combo of freshly chopped cilantro and tangy lime juice – it is one of my favorites and (obviously) the staple for burrito bowls around the world.
I kind of can’t believe it has taken me this long to try and tackle this recipe – I am a Chipotle regular, but I think I have always kind of assumed that it would be a worthless effort to try and recreate their recipe…. it wouldn’t be possible -right?
It’s actually pretty simple. Real simple.
I am excited to see what kind of yummy burrito-esque bowls I can come up! We are having an in-house Chipotle night – ASAP.
And the process is incredibly easy – cook your long grain white rice according to package instructions so that you end up with 2 cups cooked rice. But, add some lime juice and a bay leaf to the water. Once the rice is cooked, add some oil, lime zest, lime juice and ton of cilantro. Mix and then add to your favorite of burrito yumminess!
(thank you to my patient husband for being a wonderful hand-model….. I see a new career in your future! You have some serious potential….)
I am so excited it is the weekend – I have so many yummy experiments to try in the kitchen this weekend and I am so looking forward to sharing them with all of you! I sincerely hope you get to spend your weekend with the ones you love, doing what you love. I know I will be doing a lot of both – join me on Instagram and check out my stories to see what I am up too! Or see what I am pinning on Pinterest!
- white, long grain rice (you ultimately want 2 cups cooked rice so look at your package instructions to determine how many cups of raw rice you need – package I used called for 2 cups water and 1 cup rice for 2 cups cooked)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime zest
- 3–4 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon tasteless oil (canola would work fine)
- 1/2 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup tightly packed, chopped cilantro (additional for garnish if you desire)
- Add your required amount of water to your saucepan.
- When it is time to add the rice, also add 1 Tablespoon lime juice and bay leaf.
- Cook until done.
- Remove from heat and add salt, oil, cilantro, lime zest and 3 Tablespoons of the lime juice.
- Fluff and mix well.
- Taste and add any additional salt, lime juice and/or cilantro per your taste.
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting The Wooden Skillet.