Cilantro Lime Shrimp – an incredibly quick and easy weeknight dinner that is packed with flavor! Make on the grill or in your favorite skillet!
Add this cilantro lime shrimp to your weekly menu ASAP!
Cilantro Lime Shrimp
Who doesn’t love the cilantro-lime combo!?! Right? It is so light and refreshing and even though it screams summer, it can be enjoyed any time of year!
Can I Grill this Cilantro Lime Shrimp?
Yes!! You can grill it (shown in the picture) or you can simply sauté in a large cast iron skillet – I prefer the grill because it leaves a nice smokey flavor! The recipe reflects both options though
Shrimp vs. Prawns
I am a really big fan of prawns (which just look like jumbo JUMBO shrimp). I tend to prefer them because they are so much meatier and they actually fill me up :). I swear I need to eat like 15 little shrimp to get filled up! Give me about 6 prawns and I am good to go! Feel free to use either – I have made notes in the recipe for both!!
What to serve with Cilantro Lime Shrimp
Other recipes you might like:
- Combine oil, lime juice, salt and cilantro in bowl; mix well.
- Add shrimp and toss to coat.
- Let marinate for at least 30 minutes, tossing every so often.
- Heat grill to medium high heat (about 400-450).
- Place shrimp/prawns over direct heat for 2 minutes per side.
Stove Top Method:
- Add a tablespoon of oil (or ghee) to large cast iron pan (enough to coat) and bring skillet to medium high heat.
- Add shrimp/prawns to pan and cook about 2 minutes per side, or until fully cooked.
- Squeeze additional fresh lime juice over shrimp as soon as it is done cooking (on the grill do this when you remove the prawns from the grill and have plated them. If you are cooking in the skillet, you can do this while they are still in the skillet if you would like).
- Serve over cilantro lime cauliflower rice and grilled avocado.
Keywords: cilantro lime shrimp, grilled shrimp, grilled prawns
Thank you so much for reading & supporting The Wooden Skillet! This post includes affiliate links for products I actually use in my own home and personally recommend. Should you make a purchase using one of these links, The Wooden Skillet will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you, which helps me continue to bring you great original content. Thank you!