How to Carve a Turkey Breast – a simple, step-by-step tutorial that teaches you how to easily carve a turkey breast!
- 1 cooked bone-in turkey breast
- carving board
- carving or chef’s knife
- Rest: Ensure turkey has rested 30 minutes after cooking (this allows the juices to redistribute).
- Prep Turkey + Carving Station: Place turkey on a large cutting board (breast side up) and ensure you have a sharp chef’s knife or carving knife. Having paper towels and a serving platter on hand will be helpful through the process.
- Remove One Breast: The breast bone runs down the middle of the turkey breast. Position your knife just next to the breast bone and make a cut from one end of the turkey to the other. Continue cutting down removing as much meat as possible. Disconnect the breast meat from the turkey and set aside on a platter.
- Repeat on other side: repeat these steps on the other side of the turkey removing the other breast.
- Slice and Serve: feel free to take the breast and cut into slices before serving.
- Chef vs. Carving Knife: feel free to use either here – an electric knife works too!
- Storage: store leftover turkey in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Freezer: fully cooked turkey can also be kept in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months.
- Gravy: save those drippings! Use them to make some homemade turkey gravy!
- Leftovers: use your turkey leftovers to make Turkey + Wild Rice Soup, Turkey Cranberry Wraps, Turkey Noodle Soup or Turkey Pot Pie!
- Keep the bones: keep those turkey bones and make some turkey stock!
Keywords: how to carve a turkey breast