How to Cook Beef Tenderloin Steak Tips – a delicious beef tenderloin steak tips recipe made with butter, garlic and fresh herbs!
- 1 lb beef tenderloin steak tips
- kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2–3 tablespoons butter (or ghee)
- 2–3 teaspoons garlic, minced
- fresh parsley, minced
- Cut beef tenderloin tips into 1 inch sized pieces.
- Pat dry with clean paper towel and season with kosher salt and ground black pepper.
- Bring a large cast iron skillet to medium-high heat.
- Add oil and swirl to coat the pan.
- When oil is nice and hot (pan should sizzle if you flick it with water) sear steak on both sides (approximately 30-60 seconds depending upon how thick the pieces are). Your goal is not to fully cook them, but just sear each side. Remove from pan and place on a nearby plate. Cook steak tips in batches so you do not crowd the pan.
- Once steak pieces are seared add butter and garlic to the pan and let melt. Add steak pieces back in (along with any juices that have settled on the plate) and toss in the the butter. Continue tossing the steak pieces until they have reached your desired doneness (use an instant-read thermometer to track). For a medium-rare finish you will want an internal temperature of 130-135 degrees F.
- Garnish with chopped fresh herbs and serve with some Herbed Potatoes and Parmesan Broccoli.
- Storage: store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Other serving suggestions: these are also really good with this Creamy Horseradish Sauce.
- Serving Size: 6oz
- Calories: 217
- Sugar: 0.1 g
- Sodium: 84.1 mg
- Fat: 11.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 1.8 g
- Protein: 25.5 g
- Cholesterol: 83.1 mg
Keywords: How to Cook Beef Tenderloin Steak Tips