Parmesan Broccoli is an healthy and easy side dish to add to any weeknight meal! I love serving this with salmon or grilled chicken!
Easy Parmesan Broccoli
This parmesan broccoli recipe is the perfect addition to any meal! I personally love it with some grilled chicken breasts or salmon en papillote – but no matter what you serve it with it is sure to be hit! Simple flavors but everything is taken to the next level with that bite of lemon and the softness of the cheese. Such a great addition to any meal!
Why This Recipe Works
- Quick: the whole process takes about 10 minutes! Perfect for easy weeknight dinners.
- Easy: it’s as easy as steaming broccoli and then tossing in a few extra ingredients.
- Flavor: it is broccoli … but elevated! And kid-friendly!
Parmesan Broccoli Ingredients
- broccoli: grab some broccoli florets from the grocery store and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- olive oil: you could also use avocado oil here!
- kosher salt + ground black pepper: to add that flavor.
- lemon zest + lemon juice: love the addition of lemon here … the added acidity just takes this broccoli to the next level!
- Parmesan cheese: there is just something about the broccoli + lemon + parmesan that just tastes amazing.
How to Make Parmesan Broccoli
Make sure you cut your broccoli into bite-sized pieces.
Add some water to the bottom of a medium saucepan and place a steamer basket inside.
Place the broccoli inside and then cover.
Bring to high heat until the water starts to boil. Let boil about 5 minutes. Drain broccoli.
Gather the rest of your ingredients.
Combine. Taste and add additional salt or parmesan, as desired.
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Parmesan Broccoli – an easy and delicious recipe for parmesan broccoli that is the perfect side dish for any meal!
- 2 broccoli florets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- zest of one lemon
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- Add some water to the bottom of a medium saucepan and place a steamer basket inside. Place the broccoli inside the steamer basket and cover.
- Bring to high heat until the water starts to boil. Let boil about 5 minutes. Drain saucepan and return broccoli to the pot (remove steamer basket).
- Add olive oil and toss/stir broccoli.
- Then add remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Taste and add additional salt or parmesan cheese, as desired.
- No Steamer: If you don’t have a vegetable steamer, simply place broccoli in medium saucepan along with enough water to cover the bottom of the pan by 1/2 inch. Cover and boil for 5 minutes, stirring once or twice.
Keywords: parmesan broccoli
Originally published September 9, 2016.