A simple step-by-step tutorial on How to Cook Beef Tenderloin Steak Tips in about 15 minutes and with 6 real, simple ingredients. Pair with some creamy mashed potatoes and steamed green beans for an easy and flavor-packed weeknight dinner!
Easy Beef Tenderloin Steak Tips
Sometime you just need a good steak and when it gets too cold to grill the perfect steak outside, we love making these beef tenderloin steak tips in a cast iron skillet right on the stovetop! They cook super fast due to being cut into smaller chunks and they are seared to perfection in butter and garlic. No matter what cut of steak you like, we guarantee you are going to love these every single time! If you are looking for a whole beef tenderloin recipe try our Ultimate Roast Beef Tenderloin recipe (and our two favorite sauces for beef tenderloin).
What You Will Need
- beef tenderloin steak tips – we like to cut them into 1-inch cubes to make them juicy on the inside and crisp on the outside.
- kosher salt & ground black pepper – simple seasonings that are necessary when cooking any meat.
- olive oil – a splash in a hot cast iron skillet to help sear the outside of the steak tips.
- butter – option to use a plant-based butter or ghee, whatever works for you!
- garlic – because everything is better with some garlic.
- fresh parsley – the perfect splash of color to garnish on top!
What Are Beef Tenderloin Tips
They are cut from the ends of the tenderloin where it begins to taper. If you don’t see them out in the meat department of your local grocery store or butcher shop you can simply ask for this cut of beef. It is a very tender cut of meat, about as tender as Filet Mignon!
How To Cook Beef Tenderloin Tips On The Stove
First, you will want to get your fresh tenderloin beef tips to about room temperature.
Then use a large kitchen knife to cut them into 1-inch cubes. They might be slightly different sizes but that’s ok!
Next, use clean paper towels to pat the tender steak bites dry.
And then season generously with kosher salt and ground pepper.
For the best sear, bring a heavy skillet to a medium heat on the stove top and drizzle in the olive oil. Once the oil is hot enough (it will sizzle if you flick some water on it), then you can place each piece of meat, in a single layer, on the large skillet to sear on all sides.
Pro tip: space out your sirloin tips so that they are not touching. You might have to do this part in batches.
When the steak tips have finished searing, you can set them aside on a plate. Then add the tablespoons of butter and garlic to the cast iron pan until the butter melts and the garlic becomes fragrant.
Now add the steak tips back to the frying pan along with any juices that settled on the plate and mix throughly to coat the them in the garlic butter and garnish with a little bit of fresh parsley. Enjoy your easy and delicious dinner!
What Should I Serve With Beef Tenderloin Steak Tips
Good news, there are so many great side dish options! A great way to enjoy them would be to pair them with some Herbed Potatoes and Parmesan Broccoli, but you could also go with Mashed Potatoes and Steamed Asparagus. If you really want to bring them to the next level, they would be great with some Sautéed Mushrooms & Onions on top and a drizzle of Creamy Horseradish Steak Sauce! And don’t forget to pour yourself a nice glass of red wine!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
How to Cook Beef Tenderloin Steak Tips – a delicious beef tenderloin steak tips recipe made with butter, garlic and fresh herbs!
- 1 lb beef tenderloin steak tips
- kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2–3 tablespoons butter (or ghee)
- 2–3 teaspoons garlic, minced
- fresh parsley, minced
- Cut beef tenderloin tips into 1 inch sized pieces.
- Pat dry with clean paper towel and season with kosher salt and ground black pepper.
- Bring a large cast iron skillet to medium-high heat.
- Add oil and swirl to coat the pan.
- When oil is nice and hot (pan should sizzle if you flick it with water) sear steak on both sides (approximately 30-60 seconds depending upon how thick the pieces are). Your goal is not to fully cook them, but just sear each side. Remove from pan and place on a nearby plate. Cook steak tips in batches so you do not crowd the pan.
- Once steak pieces are seared add butter and garlic to the pan and let melt. Add steak pieces back in (along with any juices that have settled on the plate) and toss in the the butter. Continue tossing the steak pieces until they have reached your desired doneness (use an instant-read thermometer to track). For a medium-rare finish you will want an internal temperature of 130-135 degrees F.
- Garnish with chopped fresh herbs and serve with some Herbed Potatoes and Parmesan Broccoli.
- Storage: store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Other serving suggestions: these are also really good with this Creamy Horseradish Sauce.
- Serving Size: 6oz
- Calories: 217
- Sugar: 0.1 g
- Sodium: 84.1 mg
- Fat: 11.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 1.8 g
- Protein: 25.5 g
- Cholesterol: 83.1 mg
Keywords: How to Cook Beef Tenderloin Steak Tips