Twice Baked Potatoes – an easy and delicious Twice Baked Potato recipe that is perfect for your next special occasion!
- 4 large russet potatoes
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2–3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- shredded cheese (colby jack is recommended)
- Toppings: sliced green onions, bacon bits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- After washing off the potatoes, pat dry with a clean paper towel. Pierce with a fork 3-4 times. Drizzle with olive oil and rub all over to coat and sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Place in the oven for the first bake, directly on the oven rack and let bake for 60-75 minutes. Remove and let cool slightly.
- Cut baked potatoes in half, lengthwise. Use a spoon to scoop out the inside, ensuring you leave a bit around the edges so the halved potato can still hold its shape.
- Place the scooped out insides into a large bowl along with the ranch, sour cream, Greek yogurt, butter, salt and pepper. Mix with potato masher for a more rough texture and a hand mixer for a smoother texture.
- Taste and add additional ingredients (salt, butter, etc) as desired. IF you find the mixture needs to be thinner feel free to add a splash of milk (as needed) to thin out a bit.
- Place potato halves on a baking sheet or dish (cut side up) and fill with potato mixture.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese and place in the oven, middle rack and uncovered, for 5-10 minutes at 375 degrees F. or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and garnish with sliced green onion and bacon. Serve and enjoy!
- Dairy-Free: feel free to use dairy-free ranch, dairy-free sour cream, plain dairy-free yogurt and vegan butter to make this dairy-free.
- Make Ahead: you can make these a day ahead if you want – simply follow the step through Step 7. Once your potatoes are filled and in a baking dish, cover with aluminum foil and place in the refrigerator. Leaving them covered in foil, place in the oven at 350 degrees F. for approx. 20 minutes before you are ready to use them. After 20 minutes, remove foil and top with shredded cheese – then place back in the oven, uncovered, until cheese melts (5-10 mins).
- Storage: store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Serving: we love serving these with a yummy Grilled Steak, Smoked Prime Rib or Roasted Beef Tenderloin!
- Serving Size: 1 potato half
- Calories: 283
- Sugar: 1.8 g
- Sodium: 466.5 mg
- Fat: 12.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 34.7 g
- Protein: 8.8 g
- Cholesterol: 27.2 mg
Keywords: twice baked potatoes