Avocado + Brown Rice Bowl – My favorite, simple go-to lunch/dinner that is amazing on its own, but feel free to add in some protein too! So many options! Kid-friendly and perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner! (Dairy-free + GF)
It’s so simple, but so so good!
Avocado + Brown Rice Bowls
I started eating avocado and brown rice so many years ago and it is just one of those easy throw-together recipes (hard to even call it a “recipe”) that never seems to get old for me! So I thought it deserved a place on the blog 🙂 Try it out and keep it simple or take some of the protein suggestions! Just know it’s delicious and my kids love it too!
Here are some easy add-on suggestions:
- Fried Egg
- Poached Egg
- Sautéed or Grilled Shrimp
- Grilled Chicken
- Edamame + Roasted Broccoli
If I have a choice I use this brown rice, but do your thing and use whatever rice you like best or just whatever you have on hand!
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Thank you so much for reading & supporting The Wooden Skillet! This post includes affiliate links for products I actually use in my own home and personally recommend. Should you make a purchase using one of these links, The Wooden Skillet will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you, which helps me continue to bring you great original content. Thank you!Print
My favorite, simple go-to lunch/dinner that is amazing on its own, but feel free to add in some protein too! So many options! Kid-friendly and perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner!
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups cooked long grain brown rice
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cook brown rice according to package instructions (click here for Instant Pot Brown Jasmine Rice Recipe!).
- Place your desired amount of brown rice in a bowl.
- Cube an entire avocado and place on top of the brown rice.
- Sprinkle with ground black pepper and drizzle with your desired amount of soy sauce or coconut aminos.
- See Notes for additional protein options.
- Brown rice: I generally use this brown rice, but of course any type of rice will work!
- Avocado storage tip: I go through a lot of avocados! I usually buy them under-ripe and then when they are JUST starting to feel a tiny bit soft (like you can barley make any sort of imprint with your finger) I move them to the crisper in the fridge and store them there. They stay ripe for nearly a week!
- Other topping ideas: red pepper flakes, Siracha, Frank’s Red Hot, other hot sauces
- Protein Additions: fried egg, poached egg, sautéed shrimp, chicken, edamame, roasted broccoli
Keywords: brown rice and avocado bowl