Avocado + Brown Rice Bowl – My favorite, simple go-to lunch/dinner that is amazing on its own, but feel free to add in some protein too! So many options! Kid-friendly and perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner! (Dairy-free + GF)
Avocado + Brown Rice Bowls
It’s so simple, but so so good!
I started eating avocado and brown rice so many years ago and it is just one of those easy throw-together recipes (hard to even call it a “recipe”) that never seems to get old for me! So I thought it deserved a place on the blog 🙂 Try it out and keep it simple or take some of the protein suggestions! Just know it’s delicious and my kids love it too!
Here are some easy add-on suggestions:
- Fried Egg
- Poached Egg
- Sautéed or Grilled Shrimp
- Grilled Chicken
- Edamame + Roasted Broccoli
If I have a choice I use this brown rice, but do your thing and use whatever rice you like best or just whatever you have on hand!
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Don’t forget to check out my Instagram account – Or give me a follow on Facebook or see what I am pinning on Pinterest!Print
Avocado + Brown Rice Bowl
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 1 serving 1x
- Category: Lunch or Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
My favorite, simple go-to lunch/dinner that is amazing on its own, but feel free to add in some protein too! So many options! Kid-friendly and perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner!
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups cooked long grain brown rice
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cook brown rice according to package instructions (click here for Instant Pot Brown Jasmine Rice Recipe!).
- Place your desired amount of brown rice in a bowl.
- Cube an entire avocado and place on top of the brown rice.
- Sprinkle with ground black pepper and drizzle with your desired amount of soy sauce or coconut aminos.
- See Notes for additional protein options.
- Brown rice: I generally use this brown rice, but of course any type of rice will work!
- Avocado storage tip: I go through a lot of avocados! I usually buy them under-ripe and then when they are JUST starting to feel a tiny bit soft (like you can barley make any sort of imprint with your finger) I move them to the crisper in the fridge and store them there. They stay ripe for nearly a week!
- Other topping ideas: red pepper flakes, Siracha, Frank’s Red Hot, other hot sauces
- Protein Additions: fried egg, poached egg, sautéed shrimp, chicken, edamame, roasted broccoli
Keywords: brown rice and avocado bowl
I used cold, pre-soaked, uncooked, brown rice; and added chopped Chinese lettuce to the avocado.
Delish! I was trying to find something healthy and easy to do with my avocado for lunch. Avo toast with everything seasoning is my go-to, but I wanted to switch it up. This was perfect! Thank you!
I love this and make it all the time now! So quick and easy, make the rice ahead of time!
Yay!! That is so awesome to hear, Danielle! And yes, making the rice ahead of time is such a good tip! Thanks for leaving your feedback, I really appreciate it!
This is amazing! I was looking for it last weekend because you mentioned it in stories. I used white rice, eyeballed the soy sauce, and topped with scrambled eggs. Delicious! Next time, I’m doing fried eggs with a runny yolk.
Yay! So glad to hear that, Carol! And yes! The fried egg is amazing! Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback, I really appreciate it!
I tried this and it is sooooooo good! I had never heard of it and now we use it as a side every Sunday with grilled salmon and grilled veggies… reminds me of a poke bowl, just cooked! Thanks for sharing!
Yay!! I am so glad you like it, Jaclynn! Been a favorite of mine for years!! Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback!