Warm Greek Pasta is a comforting, one-pot, meatless meal that your entire family will enjoy.
Best Greek Pasta
This little bowl of Warm Greek Pasta is actually a bowl of happiness and comfort. Sent from me to you. Make it when you need a pick me up or a hug. Cuddle up on the couch with it, with a glass of wine, put on a movie that makes you happy or eat it around your dinner table, laughing and talking with your loved ones. It is ever so simple, as so many wonderful things actually are, yet savory and delightful.
Why This Recipe Works
- Comfort Food: there is something about a warm bowl of noodles that just screams comfort food.
- Greek Flavors: the delicious noodles paired with classic Greek flavors like feta, olives and tomatoes – they come together beautifully here.
- One-Pot: you only need one pot to make this delicious meal!
What You Will Need
- fettuccine: you can really use any kind of pasta here you want (including gluten-free).
- roma tomatoes: I prefer Roma tomatoes as they are a little less juicy, but any tomato will really be fine.
- feta cheese: use dairy-free or regular, whatever works best for you.
- kalamata olives: use as much of these as you want!
- shallot: this adds a little bit of a bite.
- olive oil: this adds in that bit of liquid so the noodles don’t stick together – use your good olive oil here!
- kosher salt + ground black pepper: to help season – use as much or as little as you want!
How to Make Greek Pasta
Cook your noodles al dente.
Add in some olive oil.
Toss with feta, olives and tomatoes.
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Warm Greek Pasta – an easy, delicious recipe for greek pasta that is perfect for a crowd or an easy weeknight dinner! Easily gluten-free!
- 1 box fettuccine (gluten-free works too! Here is the brand I love!)
- 5 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 4–6 oz Feta cheese, crumbled (dairy-free or regular)
- 1 heaping cup of pitted kalamata olives (use more if you want)
- 1 tablespoon shallot, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (more if preferred)
- pinch of ground black pepper
- In a large pot, bring water to boil.
- While water is coming to a boil and then while noodles are cooking, prep the remaining ingredients.
- Add fettuccine noodles and cook al dente.
- Drain and return to pot.
- Add olive oil immediately and toss.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss.
- Taste and add additional salt, as needed.
- Serve immediately.
- If stored over night in fridge or if noodles dry out at all, simply add an additional Tablespoon or so of olive oil.
- Noodles: use any kind you want (gluten-free, etc.)
- Feta: use dairy-free OR regular
- Storage: store in airtight container for up to 5 days. If re-heating you may want to add a little drizzle of olive oil first.
Keywords: greek pasta
Originally published September 11, 2016.