This simple Crab Pasta Salad recipe is a refreshingly light and delicious option for your next cookout, picnic, family gathering, or potluck! Made with real, simple ingredients all mixed in a bowl for the perfect summer pasta salad recipe.
The Best Crab Pasta Salad
If you love crab as much as I do, this is the recipe for you! When the weather starts warming up and the grills start going again, I start craving all the summer pasta salads. So many delicious warm weather recipes start coming back out and this is definitely one of our family favorites. I also love seafood, especially crab, so this combination of crab and pasta salad is so amazing. This will definitely be on regular rotation in our house all summer long!
Looking for another easy pasta salad recipe? Try our Classic Egg Salad – so good!
What Is Crab Salad Made Of
- pasta shells – any of your favorite types of pasta would work (including gluten-free pasta options), we used small shell pasta.
- crab meat – option to cook crab legs on the grill or in the oven, crack them open, and use the meat or pick-up some imitation crab meat from the grocery store.
- hard-boiled eggs – follow our simple tutorial on how to easily hard boil eggs!
- celery & sweet yellow onion – both provide some added flavor and a little bit of a crunch.
- green olives – great for adding some salty flavor and a bit of color.
- mayo – there are so many great store-bought mayonnaise options or make your own homemade mayo.
- yellow mustard – a classic ingredient for most pasta salad recipes.
- celery salt, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, kosher salt, & ground black pepper – a simple seasoning combination that will really level up the flavor!
How To Make Crab Pasta Salad
To start making this classic crab pasta salad, cook your pasta, al dente, according the directions for the pasta that you chose. Once cooked, drain it in a colander, and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
Next, break or cut up your crab into small chunks and prepare the rest of your ingredients.
Now put the cooked pasta, crab, and the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl.
Use a large spoon to mix and fully combine the pasta salad. Place in a large airtight container in the fridge and enjoy the next day.
How To Serve Crab Pasta Salad
This traditional pasta salad can be enjoyed all by itself for a quick lunch or dinner option. Or serve it alongside all of your favorite barbecue items, like grilled burgers, beer brats, or smoked baby back ribs. We also love to bring this easy summer pasta salad to share at a backyard cookout, potluck, or any other large family get together!
How Long Can I Keep Crab Pasta Salad In The Fridge
This crab pasta salad tastes good right away but it tastes even better after being put in an airtight container and cooled in the fridge overnight. This gives all those great flavors time to hangout together, making it even more delicious. It will keep like this in the refrigerator for 3-5 days and you can always add more mayo for added creaminess, if you so desire.
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Crab Pasta Salad – This easy crab pasta salad recipe is perfect to have on-hand for a quick weeknight dinner!
- 16 oz pasta shells, cooked al dente per box instructions (regular or gluten-free)
- 1–1.5 lbs crab meat*, sliced
- 2 hard boiled eggs, diced
- 3 stalks of celery, sliced
- 3/4 cup green olives, sliced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1.5 cups mayo
- 1–2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Cook pasta, al dente, according to box instructions. Drain in colander and rinse with cold water to stop cooking. Place in large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients into bowl and stir to fully combine.
- Taste and add any additional celery salt, pepper or paprika (or other seasonings) as desired.
- Store in an airtight container overnight and serve the next day cold.
- Pasta: feel free to use other pasta shapes! This is just how we have always served it. Also, feel free to use gluten-free pasta too!
- Crab: the easiest option for crab meat is simple imitation crab, but fresh crab meat works great too (and is gluten-free).
- Serve next day if you can: it tastes good right away, but it tastes even better the next day! Feel free to add additional mayo if you want to increase the creaminess!
- Mayo: use whatever mayo you like best! I love this homemade mayo!
- Serving Size: 6oz
- Calories: 353
- Sugar: 1.9 g
- Sodium: 637.8 mg
- Fat: 14.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 38.7 g
- Protein: 16 g
- Cholesterol: 86.2 mg
Keywords: crab pasta salad