Crab Pasta Salad – a refreshingly light and delicious pasta salad. Perfect for your next cookout! (Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free)
If you love crab as much as I do this is the recipe for you!
Crab Pasta Salad
When the weather starts warming up and the grills start going again I start craving all the pasta salads! So many delicious warm weather recipes start coming back out and this is definitely one of my favorites. I also love seafood, especially crab, so this combination of crab and pasta salad is so amazing. This will definitely be on regular rotation in our house all summer long!
What Pasta Should I Use?
The recipe calls for pasta shells but you can really use any pasta shape! I have traditionally used shells so that’s what I put in the recipe. You could also use gluten-free pasta too! I love this brand.
What Type of Crab Should I Use?
I have typically used imitation crab for this recipe but you can always use real crab meat. Whatever works for you!
What Mayonnaise Should I Use?
You can use whatever mayo is your favorite. I LOVE this homemade mayo!
How Long Can I Keep this Pasta Salad in the Fridge?
This crab pasta salad tastes good right away but it tastes even better after being put in an airtight container and cooled in the fridge overnight. It will keep like this in the refrigerator for 3-5 days and you can always add more mayo for added creaminess, if you so desire.
How Do I Make Crab Pasta Salad?
Here we go –
Step 1 – Cook your pasta, al dente, according the directions for the pasta that you choose. Once cooked, drain it in a colander and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
Step 2 – Break or cut up your crab.
Step 3 – Put the pasta, crab, and the rest of your ingredients in a large bowl.
Step 4 – Stir to combine.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Thank you so much for reading & supporting The Wooden Skillet! This post includes affiliate links for products I actually use in my own home and personally recommend. Should you make a purchase using one of these links, The Wooden Skillet will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you, which helps me continue to bring you great original content. Thank you!Print
This crab pasta salad is perfect to have on-hand for a quick weeknight dinner!
- 16 oz pasta shells, cooked al dente per box instructions
- 1–1.5 lbs crab meat (imitation crab works just fine), sliced
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 3/4 cup green olive, sliced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1.5 cups mayo
- 1–2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Cook pasta, al dente, according to box instructions. Drain in colander and rinse with cold water to stop cooking. Place in large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients into bowl and stir to fully combine.
- Taste and add any additional celery salt, pepper or paprika (or other seasonings) as desired.
- Store in an airtight container overnight and serve the next day cold.
- Pasta: feel free to use other pasta shapes! This is just how we have always served it. Also, feel free to use gluten-free pasta too! I love this brand.
- Crab: we always made this with imitation crab, but I know the ingredients are the best! So feel free to use real crab meat, as desired!
- Serve next day if you can: it tastes good right away, but it tastes even better the next day! Feel free to add additional mayo if you want to increase creaminess!
- Mayo: use whatever mayo you like best! I love this homemade mayo!
Keywords: crab pasta salad