Tuna Macaroni Salad – perfect for meal-prep, a quick and easy weeknight dinner or for meal-prep! Always good and kid-friendly!
Tuna Macaroni Salad Recipe
You are going to want to add this to your weekly rotation ASAP!
This recipe is always on rotation in our house (and our Greek Orzo Salad). I love to whip this up for an easy weekend lunch and make it a BIG batch so that we have enough for leftovers throughout the coming week. It is one of those recipes that only gets better with a little time to hangout in the fridge. Delicious and the kids love it! What could be better!?
What’s in This Tuna Macaroni Salad
- pasta: you can really use any kind you prefer!
- canned tuna (in water): drain and flake apart – you can use tuna in oil if you prefer.
- mayo: we have a homemade mayo on the site, but you can use whatever you prefer.
- celery + onion + peas: these add a nice crunch and pop of flavor.
- seasonings: we have packed all the yummy seasoning in here – don’t forget to taste and adjust since everyone has different preferences.
Ingredient Tips for Tuna Macaroni Salad
- Optional ingredients to add – sliced green onions and diced hard-boiled eggs
- Mayo – You can use any mayo that you prefer but if you are looking for a delicious and simple recipe to make your own – check this one out but I also really like this store-bought mayo too! Just check your ingredients if you are worried about paleo/Whole30.
- Pasta – You can use any pasta you want. If you are looking for gluten-free, I really like this gluten-free macaroni! Works perfectly in this recipe!
- Tuna – You can use your preferred tuna but if you need a recommendation, I like this tuna.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What Should I Do if the Tuna Macaroni Salad is Dry: If your Tuna Macaroni Salad is a bit dry after you mix all the ingredients together, simply add in some more mayo until it meets your liking.
- How Long Can I Store Tuna Macaroni Salad: You can store this in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
More Healthy Tuna Salad Recipes
How to Make Tuna Macaroni Salad
Combine ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
Stir to combine.
Taste and adjust any seasoning or ingredients, as-needed.
Other Recipes You Might Like
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!Print
Tuna Macaroni Salad – the perfect recipe for a weekend cookout, meal-prep or an easy weeknight dinner! Always good and kid-friendly! (Dairy-free + Gluten-Free Friendly)
- 1/2 box macaroni pasta (this gluten-free elbow pasta works great too!)
- 1 50z can of tuna (on water)
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 1/2 cup celery, sliced
- 1/4 cup on yellow or white onion, minced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- Cook pasta, al dente, according to package instructions.
- Drain and rinse with cold water to both stop the cooking and to cool off the macaroni.
- Place cool pasta in medium/large mixing bowl.
- Open can of tuna and, using a fork, flake into the the same bowl as the pasta, breaking up any big chunks.
- Then add remaining ingredients.
- Stir to combine.
- Taste and add additional seasoning, as desired, or more mayo if it seems too dry.
- Optional ingredients: sliced green onions and diced hard-boiled egg make great additions to this recipe!
- Gluten-Free: I really like this gluten-free macaroni! Works perfectly in this recipe!
- Mayo: I love using my homemade mayo for this recipe, but use whatever works best for you!
- Storage: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Keywords: tuna macaroni salad