Baked Brie Grilled Cheese with Sweet Basil and Boysenberry Jam is a new (slightly sophisticated) spin on the old classic!
Best Brie Grilled Cheese
I am completely in love with this sandwich! My own personal baked brie that I don’t have to share with anyone! How have I not thought of this before? It is like a grilled cheese/baked brie/peanut butter and jelly all wrapped into one…. but better. The basil is a must and adds the little something extra to really bring this to the next level. Your grown-up grilled cheese. Devour, my friends.
The back-story to this dish is somewhat predictable. Food blogger orders baked brie at a restaurant. Food blogger devours said baked brie and starts daydreaming of new recipes. Food blogger has an epiphany that baked brie’s could be turned into grilled cheese sandwiches. Boom. It tasted every bit as good as I hoped it would.
You could really use whatever type of jam/jelly you wanted – I chose boysenberry for no real particular reason other than I thought it sounded good. The basil really is what makes the sandwich. I almost wish I would have put more in because you should really have a little bit of basil in every bite.
Use lots of brie, because….. well why wouldn’t you?
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Don’t forget to check out my Instagram account for some behind-the-scenes action! Or give me a follow on Facebook or see what I am pinning on Pinterest!
Other Recipes You Might Like
Vegan Pita Sandwich
BBQ Chicken Sandwich
Buffalo Chicken Sandwich
Simple Lettuce Sandwich
Baked Brie Grilled Cheese
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 18 minutes
- Yield: 1 serving 1x
- Category: Sandwich
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Brie Grilled Cheese – a fun spin on a beloved classic! This Brie Grilled Cheese Recipe is easy, delicious and packed with flavor!
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 6 fresh sweet basil leaves
- 1 Tablespoon boysenberry jam/jelly/preserves
- 5 1/4 inch thick slices of brie cheese (remove outer rind) (more or less to taste)
- Take cast iron skillet and bring to medium heat.
- Take two pieces of bread and lay flat next to each other.
- On one side, add cheese and ensure entire piece of bread is covered (you may need more or less depending upon the size of your bread).
- On the other, take about 1/2 Tablespoon butter and spread evenly over entire piece.
- Take boysenberry jam and spread on top of butter.
- Place basil on top of cheese.
- Take the piece of bread with the jelly on it and flip it over on top of the cheese so that the jelly and the cheese come together.
- Take another 1/2 Tablespoon of butter and butter the outside of one of the pieces of bread.
- Then place the sandwich, butter side down, in the skillet.
- Reduce heat if needed.
- Watch carefully and ensure bread is not burning.
- When cheese starts to melt (probably after 3 minutes or so), butter the top side of the sandwich with butter (carefully – don’t burn yourself!).
- Then flip sandwich over.
- Continue to watch carefully and remove when cheese is fully melted (probably another 3 minutes or so).
- Set on plate and serve immediately. Garnish with sweet basil.
Keywords: brie grilled cheese
Leave a Rating & Comment