Creamy Vegan Butternut Squash Soup with Roasted Vegetables – a creamy and delicious winter soup that is vegan and Whole30 compliant!
This Creamy Vegan Butternut Squash Soup with Roasted Vegetables is such an incredibly simple recipe, yet so decadent and creamy! Non-dairy, vegan and Whole30 compliant, it is the perfect winter soup that won’t leave you feeling heavy!
I seriously fought my acceptance of winter for a looooong time. But, something about Halloween being over and having the first snowfall come and go…. I am totally and completely ready for all things winter-food-related. The soups, the chili, Thanksgiving, Christmas – I am ready for the holiday season and all those comfort foods in between. But….I am not all about feeling lethargic and gross and …. heavy. While I am not claiming to eat Whole30 every. single. day. I know that when I stray too far for too long, I just don’t feel good. So I need all the good food this holiday season – and I am excited to take some of my old favorite holiday dishes and flip them on their heads to be a healthier (but just as delicious) versions for you guys!
Making soups like this, that are so flavorful and delicious, are one of my favorite things to make in the winter. And this one is so creamy – it is like velvet. Using my KitchenAid Hand Blender was so slick – I used to always use a blender, but this was way easier. The roasted butternut squash and acorn squash come together with their own built-in sweetness and meld with the coconut milk to just create sweet, creamy, velvety magic. Toss some roasted or sautéed veggies on top and – boom – the most amazing soup is served!
I hope you guys had an amazing Halloween! Our girls had a blast ? And I even went for a Reese’s peanut butter cup – which always has been my favorite – it didn’t even taste good to me. I legit threw away a Reese’s peanut butter cup! It was just too sweet and too…. everything. Whole30 what have you done to me! ? If I am going to eat a peanut butter cup, it is going to be a Justin’s Peanut Butter Cups or an Eating Evolved cups- final story!
A little back-story, I actually tried to make this into a curry…. it didn’t go so well. After tasting the deliciousness that was the silky butternut squash and acorn squash with the coconut milk…. I just couldn’t. So the Butternut Squash Curry was cancelled this simple beauty was the clear winner and I can’t wait for you guys to try it!Print
A creamy and delicious winter soup that is vegan and Whole30 compliant!
- 1 butternut squash, halved and seeds removed
- 1 acorn squash, halved and seeds removed
- olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1–2 cans of full-fat coconut milk
- pinch of salt
- optional: 1 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 4 large carrots, diced
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lay butternut squash and acorn squash, inner sides up, on deep cookie sheet.
- Take olive oil and ensure each piece is lightly coated all over.
- Pour water in bottom of pan, just enough to cover the bottom.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Scoop out squash and place in dutch oven.
- Pour in vegetable stock and 1 can of coconut milk.
- Use immersion blender to fully combine.
- Add pinch of salt and stir.
- Taste and add any cinnamon you desire.
- Additionally, if you want it even creamier, add the second can of coconut milk and use the immersion blender to combine.
- If you need to make it sweeter, feel free to had a couple splashes of real maple syrup.
- While soup is keeping warm on the stove, combine vegetables in medium bowl and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Roast at 425 on a foil-lined baking sheet for 10-15 minutes, tossing halfway.
- Serve soup with a side of vegetables for people to add as they choose.
- Feel free to garnish with basil leaves and bean sprouts, if desired.
Keywords: vegan butternut squash soup