Our easy Greek Chicken Meatballs are simple and delicious! A flavor-packed recipe you will come back to again and again. Plus, it is easily made Dairy-Free, Paleo, Whole30 and Gluten-Free!
The Best Greek Chicken Meatballs
We have always been such a fan of Greek flavors and Greek-inspired recipes, so we have had this recipe on my list for a while! We love how light this easy meal is, yet still so full and satisfying. And the flavor is out of this world! The secret – after the meatballs are cooked you toss them in some Greek vinaigrette dressing and then drizzle some homemade Tzatziki sauce on top. All Paleo, Whole30, Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free!
And if you love those traditional Greek flavors as much as us, you definitely need to try our Greek Chicken Salad!
What You Will Need
- ground chicken – this is our favorite meat to use in this recipe card, but you could also use ground turkey.
- egg – just one to help bind all the delicious greek chicken meatballs together.
- almond flour – to keep it Whole30/Paleo you could also use cassava flour or something similar. If you aren’t concerned with Whole30/Paleo you can simply use breadcrumbs!
- kosher salt, dried oregano, dried basil, onion powder, garlic powder, and ground black pepper – simple seasonings that bring so much flavor and can be found in your pantry.
- fresh mint – a fresh herb that is traditionally used in so many Greek recipes.
- Greek vinaigrette – highly recommend making your own Greek vinaigrette or find your favorite store-bought version at the local grocery store.
- Greek salad – an easy Greek salad is the perfect pairing with these delicious chicken meatballs.
- Tzatziki sauce – option to make a dairy-free version, a regular Tzatziki sauce, or just buy a store-bought version.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Weeknight-Friendly – only 35 minutes and then this weeknight dinner is ready!
- Healthy – these Greek meatballs are made with real, simple ingredients.
- Makes Great Leftovers – seriously, make a double batch because you are going to want these for lunch the next day!
How To Make Greek Chicken Meatballs
The first steps to making this chicken meatball recipe are to place all the meatball ingredients in a medium bowl and stir to combine. Use a cookie scoop or ice cream scoop to form uniform-size meatballs. Bring a large skillet to medium heat and sear meatballs on all sides to golden brown. Then turn down to a low heat and let them continue cooking until internal temp reaches 165 degrees F.
Pro tip – when forming the meatballs, use a little olive oil on your hands and the scoop to make this sticky mixture easier to handle.
After the meatballs are fully cooked, place them in a large mixing bowl and toss in the Greek dressing.
Serve these healthy Greek chicken meatballs with the Greek salad and a generous drizzle of the tzatziki sauce.
Best Way To Serve Greek Chicken Meatballs
There are so many different ways to serve up these juicy chicken meatballs! Our recipe card below includes a Greek cucumber salad that we love or serve with a Greek orzo salad. Option to add some pita bread & feta cheese on the side. Or make an amazing Greek chicken meatball bowl by serving them on top of a bed of rice or cauliflower rice and top any way you want! Just make sure you always serve with that tzatziki sauce and lots of fresh veggies.
Absolutely! This meatball recipe is great for meal prep. Just cook up the meatballs and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. If you are making the salad and tzatziki sauce, store those in separate containers to prevent sogginess.
Yes! Just bake the meatballs on a baking sheet with parchment paper at 375 degrees F for about 18-22 minutes (or until internal temp is 165). Then toss them in the sauce. I personally prefer the stove-top version, but if you are more of an oven-baked chicken meatball person I totally get it!
Made this delicious recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
A simple and delicious chicken meatballs recipe that is packed with flavor! The creamy Tzatziki Sauce (which is Paleo/Whole30) just brings this whole dish to the next level!
- 1 cup mayonnaise*
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon fresh mint
- 15 cherry tomates, halved
- 2 cups English cucumber, diced
- 1 cup kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons Greek vinaigrette
Greek Chicken Meatballs
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, packed and chopped
- 1/3 cup Greek vinaigrette (note: reserve for after meatballs are cooked)
- Combine: Combine ingredients in small food processor or blender. Pulse to combine until smooth.
- Taste: Taste and adjust seasoning, as desired.
- Refrigerate: Place in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Combine: Prep and combine the fresh ingredients and salt in medium mixing bowl. Pour the Greek vinaigrette on top.
- Set Aside: Stir to combine and set aside.
Greek Chicken Meatballs
- Mix: Combine ground chicken, egg, almond flour, salt, oregano, basil, dill, onion powder, garlic, pepper, and mint in a large bowl. Stir to fully combine.
- Scoop: Use a cookie dough scoop to scoop out approx. 1 1/2 tablespoons of meatball mixture, forming a ball, and place on a large plate. Continue until all of the meatball mixture is used. (See Notes)
- Skillet: Take large cast iron skillet and bring to medium-high heat. Add a tablespoon of oil and use a spatula to spread evenly to coat the pan. Add chicken meatballs and sear on all sides, about 3 minutes.
- Continue Cooking: Turn down heat and continue cooking, about 10-15 minutes or until fully cooked (165 degrees F internal temperature – I recommend using a meat thermometer).
- Toss: Place cooked chicken meatballs in a large bowl and pour the Greek vinaigrette on top. Toss to coat.
- Place salad and meatballs on a plate or in a bowl.
- Drizzle meatballs with Tzatziki Sauce.
- Serve immediately.
- Greek Vinaigrette: we highly recommend making our homemade Greek vinaigrette dressing, but we also love Primal Kitchen’s Greek Vinaigrette!
- Meatballs: this recipe makes approximately 24 meatballs.
- Ground Chicken: Ground chicken can be very sticky so it helps to have a little bowl of oil next to you when you are making the chicken meatballs. Get a little oil on your fingers and then rub on the inside of the cookie dough scoop before scooping the meatball mixture. Then place directly on a plate and reform as necessary.
- Meal Prep: this meatball recipe is great for meal prep! Just store in separate containers in the fridge.
- Serving Size: 6 oz
- Calories: 339
- Sugar: 4.9 g
- Sodium: 606.6 mg
- Fat: 24.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.8 g
- Protein: 13.3 g
- Cholesterol: 91.4 mg
Keywords: greek chicken meatballs, chicken meatballs, greek chicken, dinner recipe