Dairy-Free Matcha White Hot Chocolate – a delicious and creamy hot chocolate alternative you are going to love! (vegan/dairy-free)
This post is sponsored by Califia Farms®, but the opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Wooden Skillet!
Work this recipe into your holiday plans!
I am a huge fan of hot chocolate, you guys! I loved drinking it as a kid, coming inside after playing out in the snow all day (I grew up in northern Wisconsin so we always had plenty!) and sitting down to a hot cup of cocoa with your cheeks all red. And now I love serving it to my girls as they do the same thing. It is just so comforting to me.
Last year I shared this Extra Creamy Dairy-Free Hot Chocolate and you guys LOVED it – so this year I thought I would share this Dairy-Free Matcha White Hot Chocolate for something different! The white chocolate paired with the matcha (don’t over-do it on the matcha, just a little bit goes a long way and you don’t want it to over-power the chocolate!) is just so mellow and dreamy. I cannot wait for you guys to try it!
If you are wondering about dairy-free/vegan white chocolate – there are ton of fun brands out there. Right now this is one of my favorites. And here is my go-to matcha in case you need a recommendation.
A creamy and delicious spin on your classic hot chocolate that is dairy-free and vegan!
- 1/4 cup dairy-free white chocolate
- 1 cup organic coconut milk (blend coconut milk prior to use)
- 1/2 cup Califia Farms unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Teaspoon matcha powder
- coconut sugar (optional)
- In small sauce pan, melt white chocolate (per package instructions).
- Add coconut milk and almond milk.
- Whisk to combine on medium heat.
- Taste for sweetness and add coconut sugar, 1/2 Tablespoon at a time, if desired (mine didn’t need any sweetening, but that is personal preference).
- Add matcha powder and whisk to combine (use milk frother if needed).
- Serve hot and garnish with marshmallows, if desired.
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting all things The Wooden Skillet.