Easy Sweet Potato Recipe (Instant Pot) – make sweet potatoes with no effort at all!
Looking for an easy sweet potato recipe? Then this recipe is for you!!!
Do you ever forget to put your sweet potatoes in the oven and they are on the menu for dinner? Same! I am here with good news – you still have time to get them on the table!!
Easy Sweet Potato Recipe
This is the easiest sweet potato recipe EVER! You barely have to do anything at all! Seriously.
Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes
All you do is throw some water in your Instant Pot (here is the one we have), add your sweet potatoes, set your timer and walk away! When your timer goes off you will have sweet potatoes that are ready to eat!
Should I poke holes in the sweet potatoes first
Nope! No need to poke holes in them!
How long will they last in the refrigerator if I am meal prepping
They should last about a week!
Can I make mashed Instant Pot sweet potatoes using this method
Yes! You can up the cook time by about 2-3 minutes to really make sure the sweet potatoes are “mashable” and then the skins will come very easily (just be careful they are hot!). The you can either remove the liquid and trivet from the Instant Pot and mash them in there or place them in a different mixing bowl to mash! So easy!
Other Instant Pot Recipes you might like:
- How to thaw frozen ground beef in your Instant Pot
- How to cook spaghetti squash in your Instant Pot
- Easy Instant Pot BBQ Ribs
Don’t forget to check out my Instagram account – Or give me a follow on Facebook or see what I am pinning on Pinterest!Print
Easy Sweet Potato Recipe (Instant Pot)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 27 minutes
- Total Time: 32 minutes
- Yield: 3–4 potatoes 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
The easiest way to cook sweet potatoes is definitely in your Instant Pot! (Recipe is for a 6qt Instant Pot Duo)
- 3–4 medium sweet potatoes (see Notes for size recommendations)
- 1 cup water
- Add 1 cup water to the bottom of your 6qt Instant Pot Duo.
- Place trivet inside.
- Wash potatoes thoroughly and place inside.
- Close lid.
- Ensure Instant Pot is set to Seal.
- Cook on High Pressure and manually set for 18-23 minutes (18 minutes for potatoes closer to 6 inches in circumference and 23 minutes for potatoes closer to 8 inches in circumference).
- Allow Instant Pot to naturally release for 10 minutes and then manually release remaining pressure according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- I am defining a medium sweet potato as being approximately 6-8 inches in circumference.
- If you are potatoes thicker than 8 inches in circumference you will need to increase cooking time OR you can simply cut them in half and then I would recommend cooking for 18 minutes.
I don’t recommend using huge sweet potatoes. It might result in an over-done outside layer and a not-done center. The sweet potatoes I used were approximately 8-10 ounces or 6-8 inches around. If you are using very large sweet potatoes I would recommend cutting them in half and then reducing the cook time by several minutes.
Keywords: easy sweet potatoes, instant pot sweet potatoes, baked sweet potatoes
Leave a Rating & Comment