Healthy Avocado Sandwich on Sourdough + Spicy Siracha Mayo is the perfect way to “spice” up your next meatless meal!
Say hello to my new favorite ‘samich – Healthy Avocado and Cheese on Sourdough + Spicy Siracha Mayo. If the good’ole turkey and cheese just isn’t cuttin it anymore – I have the answer to your lunchtime blues. The avocado and creamy havarti cheese just meld together into a realm of perfectly creaminess, with the cucumber adding a bit of crunch and the spinach and broccoli sprouts are a hidden healthy benefit that you don’t even know you are eating because of the INSANELY good spicy siracha mayo. Place it all on some delicious sourdough bread and you will be in ‘samich heaven my friend. You won’t even realize it happens to be vegetarian…..
We have done smoothies lately and talked about how to cook tofu and what to make with tofu ….. I am just going to keep going with this vegetarian theme and showcase a meatless sandwich today (aka ‘samich). I don’t even know how I came up with this one, I am assuming I saw a picture of a healthy green sandwich somewhere and this is what it morphed into in my head. It knocked my socks off. That siracha mayo, I could put it on everything. But it is especially needed on a sandwich like this – not that it wouldn’t be good without it, but it would just be ….. a healthy green sandwich …. that you would probably forget moments after eating. The spicy mayo elevates it to something greater; something memorable; something you are going to want to have again. I promise.
Husband-tested; Husband-approved. For reals.
It is simple you guys, as most really great food is, and so wonderfully flavorful! You need to give this one a try (cue Spice Girls inspirational music “Spice Up Your Life”……”
Let me know what you think!
Don’t forget to follow me on Facebook, check out my Instagram account or see what I am pinning on Pinterest!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!Print
Healthy Avocado Sandwich
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 sandwich 1x
- Category: Sandwich
- Method: Counter Top
- Cuisine: American
Healthy Avocado Sandwich – a delicious, easy avocado sandwich that you NEED TO TRY! Serve on sourdough with spicy siracha mayo.
- Sourdough bread of your choosing – two slices (or gluten-free works!)
- 2–3 Tablespoons broccoli sprouts (add more or less if you desire – could be substituted for other sprouts if you wanted)
- 3–4 1/2 inch slices of cucumber
- 3 1/2 slices creamy havarti cheese (a dairy-free version works too!)
- 3–4 1/2 inch slices avocado
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach
- 3 Tablespoons mayo (vegan mayo works too!)
- 1 Tablespoon siracha
- Mix mayo and siracha in small bowl.
- Lay out your two slices of bread.
- Spread generous amounts of the siracha mayo on both sides – totally up to you how much you feel comfortable with!
- Add broccoli sprouts to both sides.
- On one side place cheese, avocado, spinach and then cucumber.
- Put other piece on top.
- Cut in half.
- Serve extra mayo for dipping if desired.
Leave a Rating & Comment