This quick and easy Carrot Ginger Smoothie is a kid-friendly, healthy smoothie packed with nutrients, fiber and antioxidants! The perfect (and delicious) way to sneak some veggies into your everyday meals!
The Best Carrot Ginger Smoothie
For when you are needing a healthy way to jump-start your day! This easy smoothie recipe is the perfect way to add some fresh veggies to a quick breakfast or whip one up for a healthy afternoon snack. Plus, smoothies are a great way to add a bit nutrient punch with some added protein, collagen, fiber, etc. With the touch of sweetness in there you won’t even taste it! Enjoy this clean carrot smoothie during those hot, summer months or in the cooler months too. It is delicious any time of year!
Looking for more healthy smoothie recipes? Checkout our complete list of 15+ Healthy Smoothie Recipes!
What You Will Need
- freshly peeled carrot – make sure you find the best carrot you can, out of the garden, from the farmers market, or at your local grocery store.
- water – helps to thin out the texture so that you can actually drink it!
- ginger root – this really adds some great flavor and is great for the immune system.
- frozen banana – always our favorite way to add some thickness to the consistency.
- vanilla yogurt – option to use dairy-free yogurt, Greek yogurt, or just regular vanilla yogurt!
- honey – a little bit for a touch of sweetness.
- ground cinnamon – just a sprinkling for flavor!
- canned peaches – great for adding a bit more sweetness and flavor to round out the strong carrot flavors.
- ground flax – one of our favorite additions for some added fiber and nutrition.
How To Make A Carrot Ginger Smoothie
Blend up your carrots with a bit of water to help make a carrot puree along with some fresh (note, again, the emphasis on FRESH) ginger. Then add the canned peaches, cinnamon, vanilla yogurt, frozen banana, honey, and flax meal. Blend and serve immediately!
We note in the recipe card below that our add-in for this carrot smoothie recipe is ground flax, but you there are so many great options. Other great nutritional additions are collagen powder, protein powder, a handful of fresh spinach leaves, or any other ingredient that you love! Smoothies are a great way to add so much great nutrition!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Carrot Ginger Smoothie – a plant-based, dairy-free smoothie that is packed with amazing and healthy ingredients!
- 1 large carrot, peeled and roughly chopped into chunks
- 1/4 –1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup dairy-free vanilla yogurt
- 1/2–3/4 tablespoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2–3 slices of canned peaches
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxmeal
- Add carrot and water to blender.
- Blend until carrot has turned into a puree (may need a minute or two).
- Add ginger and blend for another minute until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend on high for 1-2 minutes.
- Taste and add any additional ingredients to reach desired taste and consistency (see notes for tips).
- Garnish with a sprinkling of cinnamon.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Consistency: if too thick, feel free to add a splash of almond milk; not sweet enough add some more honey; want it thicker add another frozen banana or a handful of ice cubes.
- Add-Ins: in addition or in place of the flaxmeal noted in the recipe card you could add a scoop of protein powder, collagen, etc.
- Serving Size: 1 smoothie
- Calories: 855
- Sugar: 69.6 g
- Sodium: 79.7 mg
- Fat: 0.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 94 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: carrot smoothie, carrot ginger smoothie