Clean Carrot Ginger Smoothie is a kid-friendly, healthy smoothie packed with nutrients, fiber and antioxidants! The perfect (and delicious) way to sneak some veggies into your everyday meals!
For when you are needing a healthy way to jump-start your day!
Carrot Ginger Smoothie
Inspired by a long Minnesota winter full of so many sicknesses and just wanting to feel good again! Bring on the real food recipes!
Carrot Ginger Smoothie Ingredients
The base of this entire smoothie is carrots. They are so vibrant and fibrous and healthy. The key is though – you just have to splurge a bit and buy the “good” carrots. Not the white ugly carrots that taste bitter and make you wish you hadn’t just crunched down on it. You guys know – they are the ones that you just can’t put enough ranch on for fear you might get a taste of the gross bitterness that always stays behind and lingers just a bit too long…… you know. Don’t buy those. Buy the organic ones or at least the ones that actually still have their leaves/stems on. Please. Otherwise you are going to be thinking I am a complete fool and that this recipe is absolute crap. It isn’t, it’s amazing, but you have to buy the good stuff.
How to Make a Carrot Ginger Smoothie
Blend up your carrots with a bit of water to help make a carrot puree along with some fresh (note, again, the emphasis on FRESH) ginger. Then add some organic canned peaches, cinnamon, vanilla soy yogurt, frozen banana, honey and flax meal. Blend and serve immediately! The combination of the sweet carrots, vanilla yogurt and honey paired with the bite of ginger and then hint of cinnamon – I don’t know it just melds together wonderfully. It is the most unique smoothie I have ever had, but it is currently my favorite and I will be drinking it as often as possible this winter.
Oh, and I did serve this as part of dinner tonight – kid and husband approved. My daughter didn’t believe there were carrots in it….. For reals. Vegetable serving for the day – check.
Like smoothies? Check out our Vanilla Smoothie Oatmeal Bowl!
Cheers to the New Year!
- 1 large organic carrot (peeled and roughly chopped into chunks)
- 1/4 –1/2 cup filtered water
- 1 Teaspoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup dairy-free vanilla yogurt
- 1/2–3/4 Tablespoon honey
- 1/8 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 2–3 slices organic canned peaches
- 1 Tablespoon ground flaxmeal (optional – or add your favorite protein powder)
- Add carrot and water to blender.
- Blend until carrot has turned into a puree (may need a minute or two)
- Add ginger and blend for another minute until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend.
- Taste and add any additional ingredients to reach desired taste and consistency (if too thick, feel free to add a splash of almond milk; not sweet enough add some more honey; want it thicker add another banana; feel free to add additional cinnamon or ginger too!)
- Garnish with a sprinkling of cinnamon.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Keywords: carrot smoothie, carrot ginger smoothie
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting The Wooden Skillet!