These seven layer bars are the most decadent and delicious dessert – you won’t even be able to tell they are dairy-free/vegan/gluten-free friendly!
A little twist on a classic recipe!
Now, I am not saying I have made these so healthy you should have one for breakfast (but you guys know I don’t judge), but the ingredients will be a little less jarring on your system. I changed out the sweetened condensed milk for a dairy-free version and I couldn’t even tell the difference in the final product. I also changed out the coconut for the unsweetened kind (again, you ultimately can’t tell the difference). And, while I still used graham crackers (I recommend a healthier brand such as Annie’s), I swapped out the butter for vegan butter. And I omitted the butterscotch chips all together – maybe if someone came up with an almond-butter chip or even a 100% peanut butter chip that would okay, but I couldn’t find anything like that! They turned out SO GOOD!
What you will need:
- dairy-free sweetened condensed coconut milk
- graham crackers (use gluten-free if you want)
- vegan butter (measure solid, not melted)
- dairy-free chocolate chips
- crushed pistachios
- crushed walnuts
- unsweetened coconut flakes
Dairy-Free Sweetened Condensed Milk
For this recipe I just used this brand of dairy-free sweetened condensed coconut milk . You can make dairy-free sweetened condensed milk on your own (there are lots of great recipes out there, but this is what I used to test this recipe with!
Feel free to use some gluten-free graham crackers in place of regular ones!
How to Make Seven Layer Bars
Step 1: Combine vegan butter and graham crackers.
Step 2: Add to parchment-lined pan.
Step 3: Press down, bake and then let cool.
Step 4: Add toppings.
Step 5: Pour dairy-free sweetened condensed milk over top.
Step 6: Add more toppings on top of that.
Step 7: bake.
Step 8: let cool and then pull out by the parchment tabs on each side.
Other recipes you might like:
Thank you so much for reading & supporting The Wooden Skillet! This post contains affiliate links for products I actually use in my own home and personally recommend. Should you make a purchase using one of these links, The Wooden Skillet will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you, which helps me continue to bring you great original content. Thank you!Print
Seven Layer Bars (Vegan + Gluten-Free Friendly) – The most decadent and delicious dessert – you won’t even be able to tell they are dairy-free/vegan!
- 11.25oz can dairy-free sweetened condensed coconut milk
- 1 1/4 cup crushed graham crackers, gluten-free
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, melted (measure solid, not melted)
- 3/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup crushed pistachios, shelled
- 1/2 cup crushed walnuts
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut a piece of parchment that will fit across your pan with parts overhanging on each side – these will allow you to pop out the bars after they have cooled.
- Combine crushed graham crackers and coconut butter in a small bowl.
- Pour into 8×8 or 9×9 pan (with parchment) and press firmly into the bottom, ensuring it covers the entire pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes and let cool. I recommend placing in the fridge for 10 minutes so it cools faster.
- Layer coconut flakes, chocolate chips and pistachios on top, leaving a small amount of each item to sprinkle on the top later.
- Pour dairy-free sweetened condensed milk on top, spreading it to make sure it covers everything evenly, and then sprinkle your leftover ingredients on top of that.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool and then place in fridge to set, preferably overnight.
- Dairy-Free Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk: here what I used in this recipe.
- Graham Crackers: If you aren’t gluten-free, regular graham crackers work too!
- Crust: If after you mix up the crushed graham cracker and the melted vegan butter it feels too wet, just crush up another graham cracker and add it in.
Keywords: seven layer bars, gluten-free seven layer bars