Spring Roll Dipping Sauce – an easy, simple spring roll dipping sauce recipe that comes together quickly! Easily control the spice level!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Classic – this dipping sauce has all of the classic flavors that you are used to having with spring rolls!
- Spicy (if you want) – you can easily make this sauce mild or a bit more spicy, if that’s your thing! Very easy to regulate the spice level.
- Sweet – this sauce has a bit of sugar giving it that slight sweetness that you know and love about spring roll dipping sauce.
What You Will Need
- Water: the base of this sauce is a mixture of water and vinegar that is cooked down while simmering (so we boil off the excess water and this thickens the mixture into a sauce
- Rice vinegar & regular vinegar: to add that acidity
- Sugar: there needs to be just a hint of sweetness here, feel free to add more if desired
- Chili garlic sauce: this adds such amazing flavor and some spiciness
- Fish sauce: this adds a little umami flavor
- Garlic cloves (whole & smashed): these also add a little spiciness
Recipe FAQs and Tips
- Garlic: feel free to omit the garlic if you want, otherwise the more cloves you add the more spicy it will be – use your personal preference.
- Dipping Sauce Amount: the dipping sauce make roughly 1/3 cup so feel free to double that recipe if you want; you may need to simmer it a few extra minutes to reach your desired consistency.
- How long can I keep the sauce? You can keep the dipping sauce in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
The Spring Rolls
You can use this dipping sauce with any of your favorite spring rolls, but we LOVE to make these delicious fresh Shrimp Spring Rolls for an appetizer or a fun dinner! It’s so fun to customize each roll with what you want in them. The whole family loves playing around with different combinations!
How to Make Spring Roll Dipping Sauce
Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan.
Bring to a simmer and reduce for approximately 15 minutes or until you have the consistency you desire.
Serve once the sauce has cooled.
Other Recipes You Might Like
Sheet Pan Shrimp and Broccoli
Spicy Salmon Cauliflower Rice Sushi Roll
Easy Greek Salad + Shrimp
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Don’t forget to check out my Instagram account for some behind-the-scenes action! Or give me a follow on Facebook or see what I am pinning on Pinterest!
Spring Roll Dipping Sauce
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: Approx. 1/2 cup
- Category: Sauces
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Asian-Inspired
Spring Roll Dipping Sauce – an easy, go-to dipping sauce for your yummy spring rolls!
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup regular vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1–4 garlic cloves, smashed
- Combine Ingredients in saucepan. Bring to simmer and reduce for approx. 15 min or until you have consistency you desire.
- Remove from heat (it will continue to thicken as it cools) and set aside. Use once cooled or, if you made it ahead of time, place in an airtight container and place in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Storage: store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Spice Level: feel free to increase or decrease the amount of chili garlic sauce depending upon your spice preference.
Keywords: spring roll dipping sauce
Just made this and immediately made more! Double the recipe for sure!
So glad you enjoyed it!