Summer Goddess Bowl + Avocado and Black Sesame Seeds – a go-to power lunch (or dinner) that is healthy and delicious!
Ah the Summer Goddess Bowl – it’s essentially a fancy name for … let’s throw together whatever I have laying around in my fridge ? But seriously, this bowl you guys, so freakin good. As per the usual, I encourage you to change it up and make it your own!
What I love about bowls like this is every single bite is different. There are so many different textures and flavors – this kind of bowl is often what I will eat when I come home for lunch (I am lucky to work about 5 minutes from my office). It is quick and easy (especially if you pre-roast the veggies; unless you like them raw, which is cool too). If you are needing more protein, add some chicken or tofu (lean how to cook tofu to make it taste GOOD here!).
The ingredients are all so simple and real – and that is what I am all about these days. I always feel my best when I am putting real, simple foods in my body – no processed foods, very little (if any dairy), low-sugar…. the difference is so obvious.
I KEEP meaning to do a post about my experience doing Whole30 – I finished it for the first time about a month or so ago and I am now doing it again with my husband. Definitely a different experience the second time around (not nearly as difficult) and I am really interested to see how my husband does! I promise, promise I will have a post on that soon!!!
Alright, we have had a busy, busy weekend so I am wrapping this post up quick tonight. I hope you guys had a good weekend as well and that you have a great start to your week!
If you are looking for other healthy and delicious options – I would highly, highly recommend:
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!Print
A go-to power lunch (or dinner) that is healthy and delicious!
- 1–2 cups spinach
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- 1/2 avocado
- soy sauce
- 6 stalks asparagus, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 small purple sweet potato
- 1–2 Tablespoons cashew cheese
- 1.2 cup fresh corn
- 1/4 cup sprouts
- 1/4 cup daikon radish, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon saurkraut (optiona)
- Black sesame seeds
- NOTE: feel free to eat any of the vegetables raw; otherwise, if you want them cooked, the instructions are incorporated below.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place sweet potato, asparagus, corn and radish in bowl and toss in a 1-2 Tablespoons avocado or olive oil and a sprinkling of kosher salt.
- On foil-lined cookie sheet, place sweet potato, asparagus, corn and radish.
- Roast for 15 minutes and then check; continue cooking in 3-5 minute increments until fully cooked.
- Place spinach in bowl and toss with a little olive oil; just enough to lightly coat the leaves.
- Add the remaining ingredients on top of the spinach.
- Place avocado in the center.
- Pour soy sauce in center and sprinkle with black sesame seeds.
- I served mine with some almond crackers (the cashew cheese is really good on them!)