This Air Fryer Grilled Cheese is a toasted sandwich that is an amazing combination of perfectly toasted bread on the outside and lots of melted cheese goodness on the inside. So easy that even the kids can make this one!
The Most Amazing Air Fryer Grilled Cheese
We have really been loving the air fryer lately! It is so easy to pop something in and a few minutes later you have something delicious with the perfect crispness. These easy air fryer grilled cheese sandwiches have become our new favorite thing to make. Slather on the butter and pick any cheese and bread you want for this quick and simple lunch or dinner option!
You have to try this with a big bowl of our Tomato Basil Soup!
What You Will Need
- bread – any variety works, even gluten free bread.
- butter – we love using butter on the inside and outside of the bread, but some people swear by mayonnaise instead of butter and you can easily do that too.
- sliced cheese – any of cheese that melts really well will work (i.e. American, Swiss, Provolone, etc.), just grab your favorite!
Optional Additions To An Air Fryer Grilled Cheese
If you are looking to add a little something more to your toasted cheese sandwich, we suggest adding some bacon or tomato in the middle!
- Make sure you keep some spacing between your sandwiches to ensure even toasting.
- Try to preheat your air fryer before placing your sandwiches in the basket, they will cook faster that way.
- If you want to keep it dairy-free and/or gluten-free you can easily substitute the cheese for dairy-free cheese and the bread for gluten-free bread.
- You definitely have to serve this with some of our Tomato Basil Soup – it’s a must!
How To Make Grilled Cheese In The Air Fryer
First, slather a generous amount of butter on both sides of each slice of bread.
Place some nice, thick slices of cheese in the middle.
And the other slice of bread on top.
Next, place the cheese sandwich on the air fryer basket and cook at 350 for 10 minutes, making sure to flip it halfway through.
Don’t forget to check out my Instagram account for some behind-the-scenes action! Or give me a follow on Facebook or see what I am pinning on Pinterest!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Other Sandwiches You Might Like
Vegan Pita Sandwich
BBQ Chicken Sandwich
Simple Lettuce Sandwich
Leftover Prime Rib Sandwich
Air Fryer Grilled Cheese
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 1 grilled cheese 1x
- Category: Sandwich
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Air Fryer Grilled Cheese – learn how to easily make air fryer grilled cheese! This simple and easy recipe will become your go-to!
- 2 slices bread
- 1–2 tablespoons butter
- 4–5 slices of the cheese of your choice (we used colby jack)
- Turn air fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Butter both sides of each piece of bread.
- Place the cheese on one piece of bread.
- Lay the other slice on top to make a sandwich.
- Place in air fryer for 10 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Remove and serve with some Creamy Tomato Basil Soup!
- Dairy-Free: to make dairy-free simply used a plant-based butter and some dairy-free cheese.
- Gluten-Free: to make gluten-free simply use your favorite gluten-free bread.
Keywords: airy fryer grilled cheese
Leave a Rating & Comment