Creamy Tomato Basil Soup – A blend of tomatoes, fresh basil, cream or coconut milk (for the dairy-free folks), & a bit of coconut sugar for some sweetness make this Creamy Tomato Basil Soup a must!! The whole family will devour this one, especially when you serve it with an Air Fryer Grilled Cheese!
Easy Creamy Tomato Basil Soup Recipe
I, like most of us, grew-up eating tomato soup and grilled cheese. They were an inseparable combination and we had them frequently, for a quick lunch or weeknight dinner. Well, now that we are a bit older, we decided that is time to level up from the can to a homemade version that is still easy enough for a quick lunch or weeknight dinner! Enter, this amazingly creamy tomato basil soup. Seriously, it’s so good! Your whole family will definitely welcome this delicious upgrade.
See Also: 30+ Best Soup Recipes
What You Will Need
- tomato paste & canned diced tomatoes – a blend of tomatoes that make the perfect base!
- water – needed to thin the soup out a bit, feel free to make adjustments to how thick you like it.
- coconut sugar – just a bit for a touch of sweetness.
- black pepper & kosher salt – a simple seasoning combo that never fails!
- heavy cream or full fat coconut milk – if you want it to be dairy-free, make sure you use coconut milk.
- fresh basil – this really brings so much great flavor that compliments the tomatoes.
How To Make Tomato Soup Thicker
If you like your tomato basil soup on the thicker side you can either let it simmer for a longer period of time on the stove and then remove it when it’s thick enough for you or you can add less water to blender.
Best Ways to Serve Creamy Tomato Basil Soup
Of course, you MUST serve a bowl of this yummy soup with some homemade croutons on top and a perfectly crisp Air Fryer Grilled Cheese on this side! It is really the only way to eat tomato soup!
Storing & Freezing Instructions
After you have let the soup cool completely you can place it in an airtight container and it will be good in the fridge for up to 5 days. You could also freeze this soup for up to 4 months. To thaw, just place it in the fridge overnight and then reheat.
How To Make Creamy Tomato Basil Soup
Place all ingredients in a high powered blender.
Blend on high until it reaches a smooth consistency.
Bring to a simmer on the stovetop.
Don’t forget to check out my Instagram account for some behind-the-scenes action! Or give me a follow on Facebook or see what I am pinning on Pinterest!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Other Recipes You Might Like
Easy Chicken Tortilla Soup
Savory Winter Vegetable Soup
The BEST Homemade Chicken Soup
Acorn Squash Soup
Creamy Tomato Basil Soup Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Creamy Tomato Basil Soup – delicious creamy tomato basil soup recipe that pairs perfectly with a grilled cheese! Dairy-free friendly!
- 12oz cans tomato paste
- 3 cups water
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes (don’t drain)
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or full fat coconut milk (add more if desired)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender.
- Blend on high until the consistency is smooth.
- Pour into a medium-sized saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Taste and add additional salt, cream or basil – as desired.
- Serving: we love serving this with some Homemade Croutons and/or an Air Fryer Grilled Cheese!
- Storage: store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Keywords: creamy tomato basil soup
Leave a Rating & Comment