This Bourbon Cranberry Sauce is a fun twist to traditional cranberry sauce and a must-have at your next Thanksgiving dinner. Say goodbye to the store bought stuff and introduce your guests to this bright and flavorful homemade version that pairs perfectly with your holiday side dishes. Check out our apple cranberry sauce for more sauce inspiration.
The Best Bourbon Cranberry Sauce
If you’re familiar with the gelatinous canned stuff that so many of us grew up with, we’re here to bring new life to your Thanksgiving table with this amazing homemade cranberry sauce recipe. All you need are a few simple ingredients to make a full flavored sauce that can be made days ahead of time, making your holiday dinner to-do list that much easier. Say hello to one of your new family favorites.
Love cranberries – try these Cranberry Bars for a fun, festive dessert option!
What You Will Need
- fresh cranberries – A bright and tart fruit that helps even out the heavier dishes on the dinner table.
- apple cider – Adds sweet, warming flavors.
- brown sugar – Has a bit more caramel flavors than white sugar, making it the perfect addition to sweeten up the tart cranberries.
- orange – We use this zesty flavored fruit for it’s fresh orange juice and zest to add a bit of citrus flavor to the entire dish.
- bourbon – There are a lot of types of whiskey out there, but we love the slightly sweet and spicy bourbon flavor that pairs perfectly with the other flavors. But if you’re looking for a recipe without the liquor, check out our cranberry orange sauce recipe.
How To Make Bourbon Cranberry Sauce
Start by gathering all of your ingredients for easy assembly while cooking.
Then, simply add all of the ingredients to a 1-quart saucepan and stir to combine.
Now bring the sauce ingredients to a boil and immediately reduce to a medium-low heat to achieve a simmer.
Let the mixture simmer, uncovered, for about 25-35 minutes. Cooking time with vary depending on how high your simmer temp is.
Remove the hot sauce pan from the stove, let cool it cool to room temperature, serve, and watch your guests dive into this amazing cranberry sauce. Save any leftover cranberry sauce for our delicious turkey cranberry wrap. Thanksgiving leftovers really are the best!
Use your favorite brand/kind of bourbon. Start with 1 tablespoon and then add more, as desired.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Made this bourbon orange cranberry sauce recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
An absolutely delicious bourbon cranberry sauce recipe that is perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas dinners!
- 10oz fresh cranberries
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2–4 tablespoons brown sugar
- zest of one orange
- juice of one orange
- 1–2 tablespoons bourbon
- Combine all ingredients into a medium saucepan. Stir to combine.
- Bring to boil and then immediately reduce to simmer. Let simmer, uncovered, for approximately 25-35 minutes.
- Remove and let cool before serving.
- Bourbon: use your favorite brand/kind of bourbon. Start with 1 tablespoon and then add more, as desired.
- Storage: store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Serving Size: 2 Tbs
- Calories: 103
- Sugar: 23.2 g
- Sodium: 2.7 mg
- Fat: 0.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 26.4 g
- Protein: 0.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Bourbon Cranberry Sauce