This classic Cranberry Orange Whiskey Sour cocktail is a super easy recipe that is made with only 5 simple ingredients! It’s an elevated whiskey sour that has the perfect balance of sweet, yet slightly tart flavor. Great for a patio happy hour in the summer or make it festive for the holiday season. No matter the time of year, this perfect cocktail is always a good idea!
The Best Cranberry Orange Whiskey Sour Recipe
After a long day, there is nothing better than putting your feet up and enjoying a refreshing cocktail that only takes less than 10 minutes to make! That is exactly what this cranberry orange cocktail is! We had the unfortunate (wink, wink) job of testing this delicious recipe a few times to make sure we got it just right. And boy, did we! Feel free to adjust any of the fresh ingredients to your taste preferences, just make sure you grab a high quality bourbon whiskey… because it’s worth it!
Looking for another easy cocktail recipe? You have to try our Classic Mojito, another one that is so simple and so good!
What You Will Need
- cranberry juice & orange juice – a combination of fruit juices that give the best flavor!
- bourbon whiskey – feel free to use any type of different whiskeys that you prefer, we love a classic bourbon whiskey.
- simple syrup – if homemade simple syrups aren’t your thing, you can pick some up at the local grocery store!
- raw egg white – simply separate the white part of the egg from the yellow yolk. We love the frothy texture that this brings when shaken, it’s the best part!
- ice – every homemade cocktail recipe is always better over a handful of ice!
- garnish: orange peel, orange slice, lemon twist, fresh cranberries, or maraschino cherries.
How To Make A Cranberry Orange Whiskey Sour
The first steps to making a cranberry orange whiskey cocktail are to pour all of the ingredients in to a glass mason jar or cocktail shaker.
Now secure the lid on top and give it a vigorous shake until it becomes frothy on top.
Pour this delicious drink over ice in your favorite lowball glass, garnish any way you want, and enjoy!
- Kind of whiskey: for this cranberry whiskey sour, you can use any type of whiskey you prefer or have on hand. We love a high-quality bourbon whiskey, like Maker’s Mark!
- Simple Syrup: some people like to use maple syrup as a natural sweetener instead of simple syrup.
- Variations: if you prefer to keep it simple, you can also make a classic whiskey sour! It is also delicious. Or switch up the fruit juice and use pomegranate juice or a cranberry juice cocktail if you like it a little sweeter.
- Holiday Party: if you are planning to serve as part of your holiday menu, you can garnish this festive cocktail with cranberries, cinnamon sticks, or some fresh rosemary sprigs!
Made this basic simple syrup recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Cranberry Orange Whiskey Sour – a fun spin on a traditional whiskey sour, this easy recipe is a fun drink recipe perfect for get togethers!
- 3oz cranberry juice
- 1oz orange juice
- 1.5 oz whiskey or bourbon
- 3/4 oz simple syrup
- 1 small egg white*
- garnish: orange peel + cocktail cherry
- Add cranberry juice, orange juice, whiskey (or bourbon), simple syrup, and egg white to a small mason jar. Seal tightly and shake until liquid becomes a bit foamy.
- Add ice to a glass. Pour liquid over ice.
- Garnish with an orange peel and 1-2 cocktail cherries.
- Serve immediately.
- *Egg White: the egg white is optional – you can definitely omit. Consume raw food at your own risk.
- Cranberry Juice: you could easily switch this out with pomegranate juice or other fun juice options if you want!
- Serving Size: 1 drink
- Calories: 213
- Sugar: 23.4 g
- Sodium: 57.9 mg
- Fat: 0.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 24.1 g
- Protein: 4.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: cranberry orange whiskey sour