Braised Bok Choy – a simple and delicious side dish with an Asian flare!
Can’t wait for you guys to try this super easy side dish!
Baby bok choy
Get yourself some baby bok choy – there isn’t anything wrong with regular bok choy, it just won’t fit in your pan very well and the bigger the leaves…the bigger they wilt.
How to Braise Bok Choy
Cut off the little knobs on the end. And even some of the white “meat.”
Soak for about 30 minutes… this is mainly to get all the grit and grime off.
All clean. And yes, look at the water when you take the leaves out – you will be happy you soaked them. Gross.
Take a large saute pan with a cover and add chicken stock, soy sauce, sesame oil, butter, garlic and red pepper flakes….. it is sooo good!
Bring to simmer, add bok choy and cover – it doesn’t take long!
Remove and serve immediately. Feel free to save that amazing sauce and utilize it in any other recipe – or just pour over some good ole’ fashioned steamed white rice….
Other Recipes You Might Like
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!Print
Braised Boy Choy – a simple, delicious recipe for braised bok choy that is so easy! A great addition or side dish to any meal!
- 2–3 bunches of baby bok choy
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (sub coconut aminos if Whole30/Paleo)
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon ghee or butter (plant-based butter works)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (omit if you don’t want spice)
- Cut off ends of bok choy and then cut in half lengthwise.
- Soak leaves for a minute or two to remove dirt and grime; rinse.
- In large saute pan, add chicken stock, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, butter and red pepper flakes.
- Bring to boil and stir to mix.
- Add bok choy leaves and cover; reduce heat to simmer.
- Turn after 1.5 minutes.
- Remove after another 1.5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Keywords: braised bok choy