Classic Olive Tapenade is a classic! Perfect for a super quick appetizer!
Best Ever Olive Tapenade
This quick and easy recipe is truly the perfect appetizer. It is easy to make ahead of time for any party or get-together, it’s super flavorful and it’s easy for guests to eat. It can also be a great small-plate meal as well!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Easy: This truly could not be any easier! In fact, there really is no cooking involved – you just toss everything in the food processor and pulse!
- Make Ahead: I love that you can make this the day before (or a couple days before) you will need it. Then, just pull it out when you have company over and you will look all fancy!
- Versatile: Serve however you want! We love cutting up a baguette, serving with our favorite crackers or with some warm pita bread.
What You Will Need
- olives – pitted (Mediterranean mix)
- fresh lemon juice
- olive oil
- dried basil leaves
- kosher salt
- (optional) anchovy fillets
How to make olive tapenade
Buy some quality olives (I used a Mediterranean mix) and make sure all of the seeds are removed.
Toss into a blender or food processor along with some fresh lemon juice, capers, olive oil, basil and a dash of kosher salt.
Pulse until you have reached your desired consistency. Serve however you wish!
Other Recipes You Might LikePrint
Classic Olive Tapenade – the quickest and easiest appetizers ever! Serve with a baguette, crackers or pita bread!
- 1 cup olives – pitted (Mediterranean mix)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- pinch of kosher salt
- (optional) 1-2 anchovy fillets
- After ensuring olives are pitted, add to food processor.
- Add remaining ingredients and pulse food processor until you have reached the desired consistency.
- Taste and add salt and additional olive oil as desired.
- Serve with pita bread, pita chips, baguette, bagels or crackers.
- Olives: feel free to mix up the type of olives you use!
Keywords: olive tapenade