Greek Tapenade – a fun spin on the classic tapenade recipe, your guests are going to love this fun appetizer!
Easy Greek Tapenade
If you have ever ordered a Greek salad, I think you will agree that the best part is at the end when all the lettuce is gone and you are just left with olives, feta cheese and tomato…. No – just me? Well, if you haven’t experienced it, all the more reason for you to make this app! Those last few bites of my favorite Greek salad were clearly the inspiration and it turned out perfectly. I took my Classic Olive Tapenade recipe and gave it this twist. Very easy and a fun and different appetizer to have out for your guests or to bring to your next party.
How to Make Greek Tapenade
Mmmmm…. olives. Did I mention I love olives? (make sure they are pitted!)
Toss them in the food processor with garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, and a bit of salt.
Combine (gently) with feta cheese (chopped up) and diced Roma tomatoes. Add a bit more olive oil and salt to taste.Print
Greek Tapenade – a simple and delicious appetizer that tastes just like a Greek Salad! Perfect for your next get-together!
- 1/2 cup pitted and roughly chopped olives (I used Mediterranean mix)
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 Teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 Teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced Roma tomatoes
- 1/2 cup feta cheese (chop up larger chunks)
- salt to taste
- additional olive oil as desired
- Place olives, olive oil, lemon juice and pinch of salt into food processor.
- Pulse a few times – ensure olives are still chunky and not pureed at all.
- Combine olives with tomatoes and feta cheese.
- Softly stir together.
- Add additional olive oil and/or salt to taste.
- Serve with crostini, crackers, or pita bread and garnish with lemon zest.
Keywords: greek tapenade