Coconut Key Lime Pie Popsicle + Graham Cracker Crust – a cool and refreshing summer dessert that dairy-free and naturally sweetened!
How is Memorial Day next weekend already? Is it me or has this year gone by faster than every other year … ever. Nevertheless, I hope you are planning an epic Memorial Day cookout and I have a couple of recipes coming at you this week that will help you out (See also: How to Grill a Perfect Steak)! Here is #1 – these creamy Coconut Key Lime Pie Popsicle + Graham Cracker Crust are SO good and SO refreshing and SO delicious. They are must-have on your Memorial Day Menu!
I have made these Coconut Key Lime Popsicles as healthy as I possible could (while still tasting ah-mazing) – they are based off of a not-so-healthy key lime cheesecake recipe that is made with sweetened condensed milk, etc. and while part of me wanted to add those ingredients, I knew there was another way to sweeten these guys. Soooo I turned to honey :-). And it worked perfectly. Honey, lime juice, lime zest, coconut milk and coconut yogurt. That is it. And it is wonderfully sweet and tart and everything a key lime pie should be. My Dad has a soft-spot for key lime pie (psst. Dad. You should make these!) so these are definitely something I will be making again and again!
Oh – and they were approved by both kiddos and the hubs. So they are officially family friendly.
And that graham-cracker crust — ridiculous. It is just crushed graham crackers tossed in ghee (butter will work too if dairy isn’t an issue for you). It really adds that little something extra (and hello – ghee and graham crackers… yes, please).
So run to your kitchen and whip up a batch (just tell everyone you are testing out the recipe before the weekend — you gotta make sure it tastes good!).
Hope you have a great start to your week!!
A cool and refreshing summer dessert that dairy-free and naturally sweetened!
- 3 honey graham crackers, crushed
- 2–3 Tablespoons melted ghee (or butter)
- 1 can organic full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut yogurt (I used vanilla, unsweetened)
- 4 Tablespoons of organic honey
- juice of 2 1/2 limes
- zest of 3 limes
- In small bowl, combine graham crackers and ghee (or butter) and mix together well so the graham crackers start to stick together.
- Set aside.
- In medium mixing bowl, add coconut milk and, using hand mixer, mix on medium -medium high for 3-5 minutes.
- Add honey, lime juice and lime zest.
- Mix with hand mixer for approx, 3-5 additional minutes.
- Take popsicle molds and pour mixture inside, leaving about an inch or less for the graham cracker.
- Spoon in graham cracker and push down a little bit. Fill as high as you can.
- Add sticks and then place in freezer for several hours.
- *Note: you can add additional lime zest into the popsicle mold before you add the coconut mixture.
Keywords: key lime pie, popsicle, dairy-free