Creamy Maple Oat Milk Latte – a simple, sweet morning treat! (Vegan + Dairy-Free)
Easy Oat Milk Latte
This needs to be on your breakfast menu tomorrow!
This recipes is inspired by one of my absolute favorite breakfasts – oatmeal with real maple syrup 🙂 I love the combo of that oat flavor and pure, sweet maple syrup! I grew up in northern Wisconsin and every single Spring we would tap a million maple trees, boil down the sap and make our very own maple syrup. Luckily enough, while we live in a suburb of Minneapolis, we still have a small forest behind our house where my kiddos, my husband and I still make our own maple syrup (my husband is literally boiling down sap as we speak actually!).
The recipe really couldn’t be easier too. Just dump everything in the blender (only 4 ingredients), blend up, pour and go! It’s just a little cup of heaven – even better than Starbucks!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Easy: with just a few ingredients this recipe comes together so quickly!
- Cozy Version: if you want to make it hot we have you covered.
- Iced Latte Version: we have also included an iced latte version in the recipe card notes so check it out!
Oat Milk Latte Ingredients
- oat milk: we love using our homemade oat milk, but of course use whatever works best for you! If you are in a pinch and want to make an almond milk or soy milk version of this recipe – that works too!
- hot coffee, espresso or hot cold brew coffee: I like using a medium roast for this recipe! If you don’t have an espresso machine then just hot coffee works just as well!
- real maple syrup: honey also works here.
- ground cinnamon: this give it a bit of an earthy flavor.
- vanilla extract: this adds a touch of sweetness too!
Is Oat Milk Gluten Free
Whether an oat milk is gluten-free is answered in a similar way to wether oats themselves are gluten-free; it depends upon how they are handled! Some oats are processed in facilities that also handle wheat, barley and rye. As a result, there can be cross-contaminations and gluten reside can be intermixed with the oats.
Can I Heat Up My Cold Brew Coffee
Yes! I get this question ALL the time! If you are like me and can’t handle “real” coffee because of heart burn or acid reflux, simply pour your desired amount of cold brew into a sauce pan and heat up on the stove! It doesn’t change the acidity level of the cold brew at all! Want to learn more about cold brew? Click here for my tutorial and FAQ’s!!!
How to Make an Oat Milk Latte:
Grab some oat milk (we love making our own oat milk!).
Add it to a blender with some cold brew coffee or espresso (hot or cold) along with the other ingredients listed.
Blend and then pour into your favorite mug or cup! Feel free to serve over ice for an iced oat milk latte!
Other Recipes You Might Like
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!Print
Creamy Maple Oat Milk Latte – A simple and delicious recipe for a creamy maple oat milk latte!
- Combine ingredients in high-powered blender.
- Blend and taste.
- Add additional cinnamon or maple syrup, as desired.
- Pour into favorite mug or to-go cup and enjoy
Frothed Milk Version:
- Pour hot coffee or espresso into mug along with the maple syrup, cinnamon and vanilla extract and whisk.
- Place oatmilk in a milk frother (or use a handheld version) to froth the milk – froth until foamy.
- Slowly pour the frothed milk on top of the hot coffee.
- Cold Brew Coffee: yes you can warm up your cold brew coffee and serve it hot! We also have a whole tutorial on how to make your own cold brew coffee at home!
- Maple Syrup: feel free to use honey or your sweetener of choice.
- Make it Iced: feel free to make this an iced oat milk latte by letting your coffee mixture cool and pouring it over ice. Then make some cold foam and pour that on top!
Keywords: oat milk latte