How to Make Oat Milk – an easy, step-by-step tutorial that teaches you how to make your own, delicious oat milk at home! Tip + Tricks!
How To Make Your Own Oat Milk
Have you ever wondered how to make your own oat milk? Well, wonder no more, in this post we will cover all the tip and tricks that you need to know for making delicious oat milk at home. We have been using oat milk a lot more recently and this is a great recipe to have on hand in the fridge! Depending on how much you use you can make a smaller or larger batch. I love that you can control what is in your oat milk and adjust the flavor to what you like best!
What You Will Need
- Rolled oats – you can use regular rolled oats or gluten-free, if that’s what you prefer.
- Cold water – this is the only liquid you will need to turn rolled oats into delicious oat milk!
- Salt – just a pinch for flavor!
How Is Oat Milk Made?
It is super simple! You place rolled oats, cold water, & a pinch of salt in a high-powered blender and then pour it through a cheesecloth to remove the pulp or oat residue left behind. The result is deliciously creamy oat milk!
We really like the ratio of 1 cup oats to 4 cups of cold water but this can be a personal preference. Give it a try and you can always adjust the ratio to make the oat milk that works for you!
What Are The Best Rolled Oats To Use?
You can use any rolled oats – it is completely a personal preference! If you need a recommendation, we love these oats!
Can I Add Anything Else To My Oat Milk?
Yes, you could toss a date or a little vanilla extract in the blender for a little added sweetness.
How Do I Store Oat Milk?
It can simply be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. As it sits you might notice a little separation but that is completely normal. Just give it a shake before using.
How To Make Oat Milk
Step one – Measure out your rolled oats.
Step two – Place in a blender with cold water.
Step three – Pour through a cheesecloth into a mason jar.
Step four – Use a spoon to help move or remove any oat reside to make the process go faster.
Step five – Squeeze the cheesecloth to get all the oat milk in the mason jar.
Step six – Enjoy!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
How to Make Oat Milk – an easy, step-by-step tutorial that teaches you how to make your own, delicious oat milk at home!
- 1 cup rolled oats (gluten-free, if desired)
- 4 cups cold water
- pinch of salt
- Combine ingredients in a high-speed blender.
- Blend on high 20-30 seconds.
- Take a large mason jar and place a sieve on top of it. On top of that place a cheesecloth.
- Pour the oat milk mixture through the cheesecloth/sieve slowly. You will need to stop and use a spoon to move the oat residue around. Continue pouring as it strains through the cheesecloth.
- Eventually you will be able to squeeze out the last of the oat milk.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Separation is completely necessary, simply shake before using.
- Add-ins: feel free to add in a date or vanilla extract for added sweetness if you want.
- Storage: store in an airtight container for up to a week.
- Separation: separation is completely normal as the oat milk sits. Just give it a good shake before using.
Keywords: how to make oat milk