This perfectly creamy Curried Cauliflower Soup is a little bit spicy and oh-so-satisfying! You would never know that it is completely dairy-free. Enjoy a cozy bowl of this soup on all those chilly winter nights!
This post is sponsored by Califia Farms, but the opinions are my own.
Simple Curried Cauliflower Soup
Meatless Monday just started looking a lot more interesting…. we love a good curry and incorporating more plant-based meals into our weekly menu plan so we knew this would be a winner! We know that sometimes plant-based soups can get a bad rap with people thinking that it means boring food – well this soup is anything but boring! It packs a nice little spicy punch (not too much – just enough) and full of so many real, simple ingredients. You guys are going to love it!
Looking for more homemade soup recipes? Checkout our complete list of 31+ Soup Recipes!
What You Will Need
- olive oil – just a splash in the pot to sauté all the veggies.
- garlic – always a must for all that great added flavor!
- sweet potatoes or yams, celery, carrots, red onion, mushrooms, & cauliflower florets – a variety of fresh vegetables that bring flavor, crunch, and make this easy soup recipe so satisfying.
- turmeric & fresh ginger – all about adding so much flavor!
- garlic chili sauce & sriracha – this is where we bring the heat, feel free to add as much or as little as you like.
- green curry paste – we absolutely love a good curry paste and this one is our favorite!
- vegetable broth – perfect for keeping this soup vegan, but you can also use chicken broth if you aren’t concerned with it being vegan.
- coconut milk – this is where all the creaminess comes in, while still being dairy-free!
- lime juice – just a little bit of acidity to really amplify all those great flavors.
- kosher salt & pepper – simple seasonings that are always a must when making any soup recipe.
- garnish: fresh cilantro leaves
How To Make Curried Cauliflower Soup
To start making this easy curried cauliflower soup, bring a large dutch oven to a medium-high heat on the stovetop and add a drizzle of olive oil. Toss in the garlic, then the onion and celery to cook for 2-3 minutes, and chunks of sweet potatoes and carrots to cook for 5-7 minutes. Next, add the curry paste, garlic chili sauce, sriracha, fresh ginger, and turmeric to the pot and mix to fully coat all the fresh vegetables. Then pour in the coconut milk and broth, give it another mix, and bring to a simmer. Finally, add the mushrooms and cauliflower to cook for another 5-7 minutes. Taste and make any adjustments as needed!
How To Serve Curried Cauliflower Soup
First, you must sprinkle some freshly chopped cilantro leaves on top and give each bowl a fresh squeeze of lime juice! If you are looking to serve something substantial on the side, we love crusty bread or grilled bread as an option!
How To Freeze Curried Cauliflower Soup
This will freeze really well, but I would recommend not adding the cauliflower before you freeze it. Make it per the recipe, but omit the cauliflower. When you thaw it, bring to a simmer and then add fresh cauliflower for a couple of minutes to cook.
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Don’t forget to check out my Instagram account for some behind-the-scenes action! Or give me a follow on Facebook or see what I am pinning on Pinterest!
Curried Cauliflower Soup
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 10 servings 1x
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Thai
Curried Cauliflower Soup – a spicy and creamy recipe for a delicious curried cauliflower soup that is completely dairy-free!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 sweet potatoes or yams, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 pint mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon garlic chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 4 tablespoons green curry paste (we love this one!)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2–3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- kosher salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- garnish: fresh cilantro
- In large stock pot or dutch oven add olive oil and bring to medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, approximately 2 minutes.
- Add onion and celery and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add sweet potato and carrots, cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add curry paste, garlic chili sauce, sriracha, fresh ginger, and turmeric.
- Mix to fully coat ingredients.
- Add coconut milk and vegetable broth to the pot.
- Stir to combine and bring to simmer.
- Add mushrooms, cauliflower, and lime juice.
- Stir and let simmer 5-7 minutes or until mushrooms have cooked down and cauliflower is cooked, but still quite firm.
- Taste and add additional salt, as needed.
- Serve and garnish with plenty of cilantro.
- Storage: place leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
- adapted from Fit Foodie Finds Golden Curried Chicken Soup
- Serving Size: 6oz
- Calories: 162
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 607.5 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Carbohydrates: 17 g
- Protein: 3.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: curried cauliflower soup
Leave a Rating & Comment