Savory Winter Vegetable Soup – a simple yet delicious winter soup that is absolutely delicious and Whole30 compliant!
I know, I know …. vegetable soup. Can’t be THAT exciting, can it? I promise you guys, it really is.
It really has everything to do with my secret ingredient – ghee. It just adds that little extra something to make this soup better than any other vegetable soup … ever.
This is the kind of soup I will make a big batch of on the weekend and then eat throughout the week, bring to work, or even have a little before bed if I am feeling hungry. It is so good for you and so delicious – my favorite combo. It is Whole30 compliant and it can be vegetarian/vegan if you leave out the ghee – I promise it still tastes good that way too!
(make sure you read your vegetable broth labels very closely – many are not compliant!)
As far as my January Whole30, it is officially day 14! 2 weeks down – they have flown by! Overall, I am feeling so good – so much energy. Starting to get a little sick of my “regular” food, but that is just when I mix it up and try some new recipes. That is so key for me, especially for dinner. I can eat the same thing for dinner pretty much every day and I am fine. Dinner needs to be different. I mean I have my few go-to’s that we eat somewhat frequently, but other than that I love making new things for dinner. Other than that, I think the worst is behind me, although this round has been the easiest by far!
If you guys are doing January Whole30 with me, I hope you are really feeling amazing!
Other Recipes You Might Like
- Cheeseburger Soup
- Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Whole30 Zuppa Toscana
- Homemade Roasted Chicken Soup
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!Print
A simple yet delicious winter soup that is absolutely delicious and Whole30 compliant!
- 64oz vegetabe broth (read ingredients carefully)
- 2 cup green beans, but into 1 inch pieces
- 1 zucchini, sliced and quartered
- 7 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 large russet potato, cut into small cubes
- 1 small sweet yellow onion, minced
- 3 stalks of celery, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons ghee
- 1–2 Tablespoons salt
- 2 Teaspoons ground black pepper
- 3 smashed garlic cloves
- Add vegetable broth to large soup pan.
- Bring to boil and reduce to simmer and add garlic cloves, onion, 1 Tablespoon of salt and pepper.
- Let simmer 5 minutes.
- Add green beans, carrots, potatoes and celery.
- Stir and let simmer 5 more minutes.
- Add ghee and zucchini and let simmer 2-3 minutes.
- Taste and add additional Tablespoon of salt or pepper, as needed (or more, as needed).
- Taste vegetables to check for firmness and cook longer if you want them softer.
- Remove from heat and let sit.
- Serve immediately.
- (note: to make vegan, omit the ghee)
Keywords: Winter Vegetable Soup