This Grapefruit Paloma Cocktail recipe is the perfect balance of tart fruit juice, bubbly club soda, and just a hint of salt. This delicious cocktail is a great choice when you’re looking for something refreshing, yet flavorful and we even have a mocktail version for the whole family to enjoy!
The Best Grapefruit Paloma
This is the perfect cocktail for the grapefruit lover in your life, or simply anyone looking for a refreshing drink. Fresh grapefruit juice gives it the best flavor and just a hint of simple syrup is one of the best ways to heighten its natural flavors. Serve this at your next happy hour with tortilla chips and our delicious Mexican street corn dip.
What You Will Need
- kosher salt – Just a bit to go around the rim of your glass.
- fresh grapefruit juice – One of our favorite fresh fruits that has a depth of sweet and tart flavors.
- tequila – Good tequila really makes a difference here, but use your personal preference. Any standard variety of tequila, like tequila blanco, will work.
- simple syrup – Feel free to pick up some from your local grocery store or try making your own. We promise that it’s super easy.
- club soda – Our main goal is to get a nice fizz in this cocktail, so feel free to replace with soda water if that’s what you have on hand. The main difference between the two is that club soda is carbonated with additional minerals. Topo Chico is another great bubbly option here as well.
How To Make A Grapefruit Paloma
Start by gathering your ingredients for easy assembly, especially if you’re serving a crowd.
To make a salt rim, rub the rim of the glass with a lime wedge. After placing some kosher salt on a small plate, turn the glass upside down into the salt and gently twist.
Next, add the fresh juice, tequila, a little simple syrup, and club soda to the glass with the salted rim.
Lastly, add some ice cubes and a grapefruit wedge for a garnish. For the best result, serve immediately and enjoy!
Nope! Store bought will work just fine, but the color of your drink might be a bit darker than if you used fresh juice.
Scroll down to the recipe card for the full nutritional information
Made this easy paloma recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Learn how to make the BEST grapefruit paloma cocktail with this easy and delicious recipe! Perfect for the holidays or summer get-together!
- kosher salt for rim
- 2–3 oz fresh grapefruit juice
- 2 oz tequila
- 1/2 oz simple syrup, more to taste
- 2 oz club soda
- garnish: grapefruit wedge and/or lime wedge
- Add some kosher salt to a small plate. Rub a lime wedge along the edge of your glass and then turn upside down in the salt to coat the rim.
- Add grapefruit juice, tequila, simple syrup and club soda to the glass. Add ice and stir.
- Garnish with a grapefruit wedge.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Grapefruit Juice: if you don’t have fresh grapefruit juice feel free to use store-bought, the color might be a little darker.
- Serving Size: 1 drink
- Calories: 188
- Sugar: 12.8 g
- Sodium: 173.2 mg
- Fat: 0.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 15.1 g
- Protein: 0.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: grapefruit paloma, paloma cocktail