This Easy Pina Colada Recipe is so simple and refreshing that you will be making it all summer long! This classic cocktail is made with 4 real, simple ingredients, like frozen pineapple, rum, coconut milk, and a little bit of honey for an added touch of sweetness. Make as a delicious cocktail or omit the rum for a classic piña colada mocktail!
The Best Pina Colada Recipe
Get your favorite rum ready! It’s time for happy hour with this tropical drink! Wouldn’t you agree!? 🙂 This perfect piña colada recipe is a staple of the summer and I love that it is made with simple, clean ingredients! A frozen drink that is perfect for those warm summer nights on the patio for a backyard barbecue, family gatherings, or sipping on your next beach vacation. This one will definitely be on regular rotation at our house where happy hour is typically in the driveway with a few neighbors. Cheers!
Looking to enjoy a pineapple based beverage earlier in the day? Try our Creamy Pineapple Smoothie!
What Do You Need
- full fat coconut milk – that creamy base that has so much yummy coconut flavor!
- frozen pineapple – we loving frozen pineapple chunks because we always have some in the freezer from our grocery store and it keeps these cocktails nice and thick. If you use fresh pineapple chunks, you can just toss in some ice with it.
- rum – just pick your favorite! Personally, we feel that a light rum is the best rum to go with the fruity flavor and that a dark rum or spiced rum just doesn’t go as well.
- honey – added for a little extra sweetness that you can adjust to your liking.
- ground cinnamon – this is optional, but we love to add it to the rim of the glass for some added flavor when sipping this cocktail!
How To Make A Piña Colada
The first thing to do when making the best piña colada is to grab your pineapple out of the freezer or cut up fresh pineapple, if that’s your jam.
Next, toss all of the ingredients in a high-powered blender.
And blend the piña colada ingredients on the high setting until it reaches a velvety-smooth texture.
Now pour this frozen piña colada into a glass and garnish as desired. Cheers!!
Pro tip – rub the rim of the glass with a piece of pineapple, turn the glass over, and twist the rim in some ground cinnamon for a beautiful look and added flavor!
- Rum – we highly recommend a white rum, like Bacardi rum or any other clear rum you like from the liquor store. The darker rum options have a flavor that we don’t love with the richness of this cocktail, but do what works for you!
- Garnish – in the photos we garnished our cocktails with a spear of fresh pineapple chunks and ground cinnamon on the rim! You can also place a pineapple wedge on the rim or add some maraschino cherries. Of course, paper umbrellas are always fun too!
- Mocktail – easily make this a virgin pina colada by omitting the rum, that’s it! Just blend up the rest of the ingredients and enjoy!
- Multiple batches – the ingredients in the recipe card below will result in about 6 servings, but feel free to make it a double batch if your blender can hold it and you have a big crowd!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Easy Piña Colada Recipe -This piña colada is so easy and refreshing that you will be making it all summer long!
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 3 1/2 cups pineapple chunks (frozen)
- 4 shots of rum
- 2 tablespoons honey
- glass rim: ground cinnamon (optional)
- Combine: Combine all ingredients, except cinnamon, in a high-powered blender.
- Blend: Blend on high until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed.
- Taste: Taste and add additional pineapple, rum or honey as desired.
- Rim: Rub the rim of your glass with a slice of pineapple and twist in a shallow plate of cinnamon.
- One serving: If you are looking to make just one serving here are your measurements:
- 1/3 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 full cup of pineapple chunks (frozen)
- 1 1/3 shots of rum
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Fresh Pineapple: if you are using fresh pineapple then simply add about 2 cups of ice as well!
- Garnish: add a spear or toothpick with chunks of pineapple, a pineapple wedge to the rim, or toss in a maraschino cherry!
Keywords: easy Pina colada recipe, Pina colada