Healthy Cucumber-Mint Morning Green Juice – a healthy and delicious green juice that is packed with nutrients!
This Healthy Cucumber-Mint Morning Green Juice is Whole30 approved and FULL of incredible, healthy ingredients. Add as much apple juice as you want to sweeten it up!
So I am going to keep this post short and sweet – I am in the throughs of battling a lovely little cold and I am SO tired! I am hoping this is not a sign of things to come for the winter …. actually I could really use some of this green juice right now….
So the inspiration for this juice actually came from something I drank during Whole30. Our local grocery store carries small, single serving bottles of green juice that are only sweetened with apple juice. Yes, juice is compliant, but you are discouraged from guzzling an entire glass of OJ – talk about a ton of sugar….. But the total amount of sugar was fairly low in this single-serve and it was sweet enough to give me a little pick-me-up, especially during the first week or two when I was struggling the most.
After continually buying it since then, I finally buckled down to try and re-create it. I was pretty proud when I nailed it ?
Things to remember:
- You are going to need to strain what is in your blender after blending. I don’t have a high-powered blender (yet…..), so mine was very fibrous after blending. I simply poured it through a strainer to get the pure juice. (I might suggest using the pulp to make some Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies with Spinach, Carrots and Zucchini. You could simply swap out some of the veggies called for in the recipe with this pulp…. just sayin).
- The apple juice – try the juice on its own first. Some people seriously despise having fruit juice in their green juice. I personally need a little splash of apple juice to lighten it up a little bit, but that is what I love about making it yourself; you get to control how much is added.
Alright, this little lady is getting her butt into bed, another week starts tomorrow! Even though I was sick this weekend, I still had the best time hanging with my girls and watching Wonder Woman with Mike (SUCH a good movie, by the way!).
I am going to down some bone broth and avocado and then jump into bed ? I hope you have a great start to your week!
Don’t forget to check out my Instagram account for some behind-the-scenes action! Or give me a follow on Facebook or see what I am pinning on Pinterest!Print
Healthy Cucumber-Mint Morning Green Juice
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4–6 cups 1x
- Category: Drink
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
A healthy and delicious green juice that is packed with nutrients!
- 1 handful chopped kale
- 2 handfuls spinach leaves
- 1/4 packed parsley
- 2 cups cucumber
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 green apple, cubed
- 1/2–3/4 cup mint leaves
- 1 1/2 cup water
- Apple juice , to taste (optional)
- Add all ingredients (except apple juice) in a blender.
- Blend until all ingredients are broken down.
- Pour through strainer.
- Taste and add apple juice, as desired, to sweeten.
How long will this keep in the fridge?
Hi Allie – most fresh juice can last in the fridge about 24-48 hours
Nina Williams says
A typical juice that I make in the morning with my vitamix blender as a few leaves of Swiss chard or kale, and apple and a banana and usually a couple of handfuls of fresh berries or frozen berries. I will also add a vegan protein power with some hemp seed, ground flax and any other dissolvable nutrient that you would like to add such as vitamin C etc.
Vita mix sells refurbished blenders that are more affordable! ?
I know I really need to look into those!! Thanks for the tip!!! ?