Healthy Cucumber-Mint Morning Green Juice – a healthy and delicious green juice that is packed with nutrients!
This Healthy Cucumber-Mint Morning Green Juice is Whole30 approved and FULL of incredible, healthy ingredients. Add as much apple juice as you want to sweeten it up!
So I am going to keep this post short and sweet – I am in the throughs of battling a lovely little cold and I am SO tired! I am hoping this is not a sign of things to come for the winter …. actually I could really use some of this green juice right now….
So the inspiration for this juice actually came from something I drank during Whole30. Our local grocery store carries small, single serving bottles of green juice that are only sweetened with apple juice. Yes, juice is compliant, but you are discouraged from guzzling an entire glass of OJ – talk about a ton of sugar….. But the total amount of sugar was fairly low in this single-serve and it was sweet enough to give me a little pick-me-up, especially during the first week or two when I was struggling the most.
After continually buying it since then, I finally buckled down to try and re-create it. I was pretty proud when I nailed it ?
Things to remember:
- You are going to need to strain what is in your blender after blending. I don’t have a high-powered blender (yet…..), so mine was very fibrous after blending. I simply poured it through a strainer to get the pure juice. (I might suggest using the pulp to make some Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies with Spinach, Carrots and Zucchini. You could simply swap out some of the veggies called for in the recipe with this pulp…. just sayin).
- The apple juice – try the juice on its own first. Some people seriously despise having fruit juice in their green juice. I personally need a little splash of apple juice to lighten it up a little bit, but that is what I love about making it yourself; you get to control how much is added.
Alright, this little lady is getting her butt into bed, another week starts tomorrow! Even though I was sick this weekend, I still had the best time hanging with my girls and watching Wonder Woman with Mike (SUCH a good movie, by the way!).
I am going to down some bone broth and avocado and then jump into bed ? I hope you have a great start to your week!Print
A healthy and delicious green juice that is packed with nutrients!
- 1 handful chopped kale
- 2 handfuls spinach leaves
- 1/4 packed parsley
- 2 cups cucumber
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 green apple, cubed
- 1/2–3/4 cup mint leaves
- 1 1/2 cup water
- Apple juice , to taste (optional)
- Add all ingredients (except apple juice) in a blender.
- Blend until all ingredients are broken down.
- Pour through strainer.
- Taste and add apple juice, as desired, to sweeten.