This quick and easy recipe for a Healthy Green Smoothie Bowl is perfect for a healthy breakfast recipe that will be ready in under 10 minutes! The bright and vibrant green color is great at spring time or for a festive St. Patrick’s Day breakfast.
This post is sponsored by Zevia®, but the opinions are my own.
Super Green Smoothie Bowl
Are you guys ready for Spring as much as I am! These Healthy Green Smoothie Bowls are the perfect way to brighten up these last few weeks of Winter! The clean, yet sweet flavor combination blends together perfectly. I don’t have smoothie bowls all the time, but when I do I try to get as many greens into them as I possibly can (same goes for my kiddos)! It is the perfect way to sneak in leafy greens like kale and spinach that can otherwise be hard to work into your diet.
What You Will Need
- frozen banana – we are always tossing overripe bananas in the freezer to store for just this reason. We love tossing them in smoothies & smoothie bowls!
- cucumber – a light and refreshing vegetable that adds a great mild flavor.
- spinach & kale – green leafy vegetables that add a ton of nutrition and color!
- pineapple & pear – some fruit for a touch of added sweetness.
- mint leaves – all about the flavor for this one and feel free to add more as garnish!
- sparkling water & orange juice – we added some sparkling water and orange juice to thin out the smoothie bowl. Feel free to add as much as you want!
How To Make A Healthy Green Smoothie Bowl
This simple recipe is made by placing all ingredients in a high powered blender or food processor, blend on high until it reaches a smooth consistency, pour into a bowl, and garnish any way you want!
What Else Can I Add In To My Smoothie Bowl
We also love tossing in some ground flax meal or plant-based protein powders if all we are having for breakfast is a smoothie. Plus, it will amp up the nutrition level of the smoothie bowl! That is what I love about smoothies, you can really throw any combination together and it always seems to come together and taste amazing!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Healthy Green Smoothie Bowl – A bright and vibrant green smoothie bowl that is perfect for Spring (and St. Patrick’s Day!).
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1/4 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1/4 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup kale
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks
- 1/2 pear, cut into chunks
- 6 fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup Zevia cucumber lemon water
- splash of orange juice
- (note: feel free to freeze ingredients beforehand, except for the Zevia water)
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Pour into bowl.
- If desired, garnish with cucumber slices, walnuts, sesame seeds and micro greens.
- Add-Ins: feel free to add-in some protein powder or ground flax to add even more nutrition.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 389
- Sugar: 70.1 g
- Sodium: 17.2 mg
- Fat: 1.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 96.6 g
- Protein: 4.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: healthy green smoothie bowl, healthy smoothie bowl recipe