This recipe for a simple and Delicious Green Smoothie is going to be your new favorite! It’s made with mango, avocado, spinach and other healthy ingredients. The perfect healthy snack or quick breakfast!
The Most Delicious Green Smoothie Recipe
We definitely LOVE a good smoothie around here and this one is a great one to throw in the mix! The combination of fruit and veggies not only tastes delicious but is perfect for a quick, healthy breakfast or snack. This kids even love it, which is an added bonus! Plus, you can toss in a variety of other additions for even more health benefits (i.e. collagen, protein powder, flaxseed, etc.).
Our Avocado Collagen Smoothie is another great green smoothie option!
What You Will Need
- frozen banana & frozen mango – the delicious fruit that adds some flavor and sweetness to this smoothie.
- plain dairy-free yogurt – gives it that full, creamy texture that we all love about smoothies.
- unsweetened almond milk (or another dairy-free milk) – thins out the smoothie so you can drink it or you can reduce this amount to make a smoothie bowl.
- fresh spinach & avocado – the green in the green smoothie! They provide tons of amazing nutrients!
- vanilla extract – a dash of flavor.
Smoothies are perfect for adding some great ingredients that pack lots of health benefits. A few options we love for this smoothie are:
- Protein powder – this is perfect to make the smoothie into a small meal instead of just a snack.
- Collagen – a protein responsible for healthy joints and skin elasticity, or stretchiness. Also great for healthy nails and hair!
- Fresh kale – if kale is more your jam you could easily switch the spinach out for kale.
- Ground flax – high in Omega-3 fats and also rich in dietary fiber.
- Chia seeds – a high quality protein that is packed with antioxidants and fiber!
You could easily store the mango, banana, avocado, and spinach in a silicone freezer bag so they are ready for for future smoothies whenever you are in the mood for a quick, healthy breakfast or snack! And if you are looking for tips on the best ways to freeze bananas you should checkout this post!
How To Make A Delicious Green Smoothie
First, you can begin by gathering your ingredients.
Then place all of the ingredients in a blender.
Blend on high until it reaches your desired consistency.
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Green Smoothie Recipe – made with mango, avocado, spinach and other healthy ingredients! Delicious + dairy-free friendly!
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup plain dairy free yogurt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- handful fresh spinach leaves
- approx. 1/2 cup frozen mango (add more if you want)
- approx. 1/4 avocado (optiona)
- Combine ingredients in a high-speed blender.
- Blend on high, stopping as needed to scrape down the sides, until texture is smooth.
- To thin out more add a splash of almond milk. To thicken add a handful of ice.
- Serve immediately.
- Add-Ins: feel free to add in a serving of collagen, protein powder (plant-based or regular), ground flax or chia seeds!
Keywords: green smoothie