Delicious Green Smoothie – made with mango, avocado, spinach and other healthy ingredients! Delicious + dairy-free friendly!
The Most Delicious Green Smoothie Recipe
We definitely LOVE a good smoothie around here and this one is a great one to throw in the mix! The combination of fruit and veggies not only tastes delicious but is perfect for a quick, healthy breakfast or snack. This kids even love it which is an added bonus! Plus you can toss in a variety of other additions for even more health benefits (i.e. collagen, protein powder, flaxseed, etc.).
What You Will Need
- Frozen banana & frozen mango – the delicious fruit that adds some flavor and sweetness to this smoothie.
- Plain dairy-free yogurt – gives it that full, creamy texture that we all love about smoothies.
- Unsweetened almond milk (or another dairy-free milk) – thins out the smoothie so you can drink it or you can reduce this amount to make a smoothie bowl.
- Fresh spinach & avocado – the green in the green smoothie! They provide tons of amazing nutrients!
- Vanilla extract – a dash of flavor.
Smoothies are perfect for adding some great ingredients that pack lots of health benefits. A few options we love for this smoothie are:
- Protein powder – this is perfect to make the smoothie into a small meal instead of just a snack.
- Collagen – a protein responsible for healthy joints and skin elasticity, or stretchiness. Also great for healthy nails and hair!
- Fresh kale – if kale is more your jam you could easily switch the spinach out for kale.
- Ground flax – high in Omega-3 fats and also rich in dietary fiber.
- Chia seeds – a high quality protein that is packed with antioxidants and fiber!
You could easily store the mango, banana, avocado, and spinach in a silicone freezer bag so they are ready for for future smoothies whenever you are in the mood for a quick, healthy breakfast or snack! And if you are looking for tips on the best ways to freeze bananas you should checkout this post!
How To Make A Delicious Green Smoothie
Step one – Gather your ingredients.
Step two – Place ingredients in a blender.
Step three – Blend your ingredients to your desired consistency.
Step four – Enjoy!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Green Smoothie Recipe – made with mango, avocado, spinach and other healthy ingredients! Delicious + dairy-free friendly!
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup plain dairy free yogurt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- handful fresh spinach leaves
- approx. 1/2 cup frozen mango (add more if you want)
- Combine ingredients in a high-speed blender.
- Blend on high, stopping as needed to scrape down the sides, until texture is smooth.
- To thin out more add a splash of almond milk. To thicken add a handful of ice.
- Serve immediately.
- Add-Ins: feel free to add in a serving of collagen, protein powder (plant-based or regular), ground flax or chia seeds!
Keywords: green smoothie