This easy Homemade Granola is comfort food at its finest, yet packs powerful nutritional value. Perfect for a quick breakfast or an afternoon (midnight) snack. This healthy granola recipe is going to quickly become a new family favorite recipe!
Healthy Homemade Granola Recipe
There is nothing like fresh, warm, homemade granola. The smell permeates your house and warms the soul. Those first couple bites, stolen as the first pan comes out of the oven, is a simple pleasure like none other. So much better than store-bought versions! This is the best granola recipe that is not only good for you, but the sweet and savory taste is unforgettable. So many memories of my mom making her own granola growing up – that smell still brings me back! So excited to be sharing this easy granola recipe with you guys!
What You Will Need
- rolled oats – the perfect base for this simple granola recipe, if you want to keep it gluten-free make sure your oats are certified gluten-free.
- chia seeds, sunflower seeds & sesame seeds – a combination of seeds that give some added crunch, plus add so much nutritional value.
- almond flour – helps to bind everything together.
- ground flax – another addition that brings even more nutritional value.
- kosher salt & ground cinnamon – just a little bit of each for some added flavor and seasoning.
- vanilla extract – a splash is always a must when baking!
- coconut sugar & honey – this is where the sweetness comes in – feel free to adjust the amount of honey if you prefer the granola to be less sweet.
- water – mixed in with the other wet ingredients to pull it all together.
- olive oil or avocado oil – either works great for giving the granola a nice toast!
How To Make Homemade Granola
For starters, you can combine the oats, chia seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, almond flour, flax meal, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together the water, coconut sugar, honey, and oil. Then pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Use a large wooden spoon to fully combine.
Now spread the oat mixture in an even layer on a sheet pan that has been coated with non-stick cooking spray or lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Mix occasionally during the cooking process.
Let the pan of granola cool to room temperature for 10 minutes, then you can break it up into smaller pieces, and enjoy!
How To Serve Homemade Granola
There are so many great ways to serve this delicious granola recipe! We love to keep it simple and enjoy it in a bowl as a granola cereal with some regular milk or plant-based milk. Or on top of some Greek yogurt with a drizzle of honey on top! It’s also a great snack by itself, perfect for tossing in your hiking pack.
- Storage: simply place the cooled granola in an air-tight container and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- Freezing: again, wait until the granola has cooled and then place it in a freezer-safe container. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months. To thaw the granola, you can set it out on the countertop overnight or in the fridge for 1-2 days.
- Add-Ins: there are so many ingredients that you could add to this easy recipe, like dried fruit, golden raisins, coconut flakes, pumpkin seeds, nuts, whole almonds, sea salt, flax seeds, chocolate chips, etc.
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Homemade Granola Recipe – a super simple recipe for making your own homemade granola! So easy to make and the whole family will love it!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine rolled oats, chia seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, almond flour, ground flax, salt and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. Stir well to combine.
- Combine water and coconut sugar in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Then add honey and oil. Mix well.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredient and stir.
- Spread mixture evenly on two parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Toast for approximately 20 minutes on the middle rack of the oven, mixing a couple times.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before breaking up into chunks.
- Serving: Serve with your favorite plant-based milk or yogurt and drizzle with honey.
- Storage: Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 1-2 weeks. If you aren’t going to use all of it within 2 weeks I would recommend freezing it! Store in the freezer for up to 3 months. To thaw leave on your countertop overnight.
- Sugar Content: if you want to make it less sweet, simply reduce the honey by half.
- Add-In Ideas: After you have baked your granola and let it cool you can break it into chunks and add: dried fruit, nuts, coconut flakes, dairy-free chocolate chips, etc.!
- Gluten-Free: to make gluten-free just ensure you are using gluten-free certified oats!
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 253
- Sugar: 16.8 g
- Sodium: 71.7 mg
- Fat: 10.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 32.4 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: healthy homemade granola, homemade granola