Our No Bake Cookies are some of the best, y’all. Anytime chocolate is paired with peanut butter, you’ve got yourself a match made in heaven. Then add in the chewy rolled oats and the fact that these don’t take up oven space, and you’ve got yourself cookie perfection made with simple ingredients that the whole family will love.
The Best No Bake Cookie Recipe
This recipe is a childhood favorite and came from my Mom, so obviously it’s the best, right? And because you don’t have to worry about a hot oven, these are the perfect cookies to recruit some little kitchen helpers. These freeze wonderfully, so make a double batch and save some for when your sweet tooth calls. If you love the these, definitely try out our Ritz Cookies and our Cookie Dough Bites!
Love making homemade treats – try our Homemade Twix Bars!
What You Will Need
- sugar – Adds an undeniable sweetness.
- unsweetened cocoa powder – Adds a rich chocolate flavor.
- milk – Helps to spread out all those yummy flavors.
- butter – Because is it really a cookie if there’s no butter?
- rolled oats – Feel free to use quick oats or old fashioned oats to get that super chewy texture.
- creamy peanut butter – Adds savory goodness to each bite. Crunchy peanut butter will change the texture and might make it difficult for the cookies to hold together.
- vanilla extract – Helps to add just a bit of warming flavors.
How To Make No Bake Cookies
First things first, gather and measure all of your ingredients for easy assembly. Especially if you’ve got little helpers.
Next, add the sugar, milk and butter to a medium saucepan over medium heat.
Let all those ingredients melt and then bring it all to a soft boil. For best results, watch the boiling mixture to make sure that it doesn’t burn. Then remove the sauce pan from the heat.
Now add in your oats, peanut butter, and vanilla extract. Mix so that all the oats are covered in the peanut butter chocolate mixture. Let this mixture stand for one hour and then move it in the refrigerator to let cool for an additional hour.
Use a cookie scooper or measuring spoon to scoop out one or two tablespoons of the mixture and drop them onto a wax paper lined baking sheet. Two tablespoons per cookie will yield 14 big cookies and one tablespoon will yield 28 smaller cookies. Cookie size is all about personal preference.
Serve these delicious cookies on your Christmas cookie trays, at your next holiday party, or just have them out for all to enjoy throughout the holiday season.
How To Store No Bake Cookies
These cookies are known to disappear quite quickly at our house, but if you do have leftovers, store them in an airtight container at room temperature for a week, or in the fridge for up to two weeks. For longer storage, place in a freezer safe container and store in the freezer for up to three months.
Yes! This is a great recipe to double to enjoy an all time favorite recipe all year long. Simply layer them between wax paper and place them in a freezer bag or a freezer safe container in the freezer for up to three months. Let them thaw overnight prior to serving.
They can be if you use gluten-free oats.
They can be if you use dairy-free butter and dairy-free milk!
Made this easy recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Other Cookie & Dessert Recipes You Might Like
- Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Almond Flour Sugar Cookies
- Seven Layer Bars
- Rum-Buttered Nutmeg Logs
- Cranberry Bars
The BEST No Bake Cookie recipe! Made with simple ingredient you probably already have on hand! Perfect for any occasion or holiday!
- 1 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup milk (regular or unsweetened almond milk)
- 1/2 cup butter (reg. or dairy-free)
- 3 cups roll oats (ensure gluten-free certified if needed)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add sugar, cocoa, milk and butter to a pan. Bring to a soft boil; remove from heat.
- Add oats, peanut butter and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Let stand one hour. Move to the refrigerator and let cool 1 hour.
- Take either 1 tablespoon at a time or 2 tablespoons at a time (depending upon how big you want the cookies) and drop onto wax paper.
- Yield: makes either 14 big cookies (2 tablespoons each) or 28 smaller cookies (1 tablespoon each).
- Storage: store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 1 week on the counter or 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
- Freezer: this freeze super well – layer them between wax paper and place a freezer-safe container. Freeze up to 3 months. Let thaw overnight in fridge.
- Gluten-Free: to make gluten-free ensure the rolled oats are gluten-free.
- Dairy-Free: to make dairy-free use plant-based butter and unsweetened almond milk.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 145
- Sugar: 12.6 g
- Sodium: 22.2 mg
- Fat: 5.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 20.4 g
- Protein: 2.6 g
- Cholesterol: 8.8 mg
Keywords: no bake cookies